|Catalog Number||Size||Price (USD)||Shopping Cart|
|3D45002-6||6 wells||$1,780.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
|3D45002-12||12 well||$2,600.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
|3D45002-24||24 well||$3,625.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
|NMBBB01||500 ml - Media||$295.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
Our model mimic transport properties of the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) due to the formation of tight junctions, higher expression of specific carriers, or great cell viability. We developed a 3D in vitro model of the BBB by culturing brain endothelial cells with pericytes and astrocytes layered in an insert. This model improve endothelial cell polarization and enhance the formation of tight junctions, provide better endothelial cell-to-cell contact that is important for barrier development, and prevent the dilution of secreted neurotrophic factors, and these conditions collectively led to the development of an in vitro model that can truly mimic the BBB.
Models are made to order. Please allow for 3-5 weeks for completion.
Models come with media. Additional media can be ordered (catalog # NMBBB01).
Images: Expressions of BBB transporters in our 3D Human BBB Model
Drug BBB permeability assay
Research on BBB physiology
- Cell-cell interactions
- Transport pathway modulations
- Research on BBB toxicology
- Brain endothelial toxicity assays
- Research on BBB pathology
- Disease modeling
- Transport and permeability studies from ions to macromolecules: effect of physiological or pathogenetic factors
- Paracellular barrier and cell polarity studies: TJ protein expression, distribution, polarized distribution of transport proteins, receptors, enzymes etc
- Studies on endo- and transcytosis, receptor-ligand interactions
- Drug transport, drug effect on permeability, localization of receptors, polarity of drug responses
- Co-culture studies: cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions
- Microbial pathogenesis: virus, bacteria, parasite attachment, invasion and penetration