|Catalog Number||Size||Price (USD)||Shopping Cart|
|PR27003-5||5 ug||$108.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
|PR27003-20||20 ug||$205.00||Buy Now | Add to Cart|
NGF-beta has nerve growth stimulating activity and the complex is involved in the regulation of growth and the differentiation of sympathetic and certain sensory neurons. Mutations in this gene have been associated with hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy, type 5 (HSAN5), and dysregulation of this gene's expression is associated with allergic rhinitis.
Image: NGF-b protein structure and sequence
Biological Activity: Activity was Measured in a cell proliferation assay using a factor-dependent human erythroleukemic cell line, TF-1, the ED50 for this effect is typically 0.3 - 1 ng/ml corresponding to a Specific Activity of 1 x 106 IU/mg.
2. Tumor suppressor proteins are differentially affected in human ependymoblastoma and medulloblastoma cells exposed to nerve growth factor. Cancer Invest 2007 Mar;25(2):94-101
3. Axonal growth potential of lumbar dorsal root ganglion neurons in an organ culture system: response of nerve growth factor-sensitive neurons to neuronal injury and an inflammatory cytokine. Spine 2007 Apr 15;32(8):857-63
4. Proinflammatory cytokines stimulate the expression of nerve growth factor by human intervertebral disc cells. Spine 2007 Mar 15;32(6):635-42
5. Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors modulate nerve growth factor-mediated regulation of amyloid precursor protein expression in PC12 cells. J Neurochem 2007 Apr;101(2):422-33
6. Biological roles of anti-GM1 antibodies in patients with Guillain-Barre syndrome for nerve growth factor signaling. Biochim Biophys Acta 2007 May;1772(5):543-8