Carcinoma associated fibroblasts (CAFs) have recently been implicated in important aspects of epithelial solid tumor biology such as neoplastic progression, tumor growth, angiogenesis, and metastasis. Human Colorectal CAFs are isolated from human colon tumor tissue. Cells are grown in T75 tissue culture flasks. Prior to shipping, cells at passage 1 are detached from flasks and immediately cryo-preserved in vials. Each vial contains at least 1,000,000 cells.
Human Colorectal CAFs can be used for the assay of cell-cell interaction, adhesion, PCR, Western blot, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescent flow cytometry, or generating cell derivatives for desired research applications. Cells can be expanded for 3-5 passages.
Cells are prepared and manufactured in an ISO 9001:2015 certified environment and ISO 5 cleanroom.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Verena Damiani, Maria Concetta Cufaro, Maurine Fucito, Beatrice Dufrusine, Claudia Rossi, Piero Del Boccio, Luca Federici, Maria Caterina Turco, Michele Sallese, Damiana Pieragostino, and Vincenzo De Laurenzi. (2022). Proteomics Approach Highlights Early Changes in Human Fibroblasts-Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Cells Crosstalk. Cells, 11, 1160. doi: 10.3390/cells11071160
- Bashar Emon, Zhengwei Li, Md Saddam H. Joy, Umnia Doha, Farhad Kosari, and M. Taher A. Saif. (2021). A Novel Method for Sensor-Based Quantification of Single/Multicellular Force Dynamics and Stiffening in 3D Matrices. Science Advances, 7(15). doi: 10.1126/sciadv.abf2629
- Huan Cao, Hong Sheng Cheng, Jun Kit Wang, Nguan Soon Tan, and Chor Yong Tay. (2020). A 3D Physio-Mimetic Interpenetrating Network-Based Platform to Decode the Pro and Anti-Tumorigenic Properties of Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts. Acto Biomaterialia. doi: 10.1016/j.actbio.2021.03.037
- Bashar Emon, Zhengwei Li, Md Saddam Hossain Joy, Umnia Doha, Farhad Kosari, and M Taher A Saif. (2020). A Novel Method for Sensor-Based Quantification of Single/Multi-Cellular Traction Dynamics and Remodeling in 3D Matrices. bioRxiv. doi: 10.1101/2020.09.24.311647
- Martin Nurmik, Pit Ullmann, Fabien Rodriguez, Serge Haan, Elisabeth Letellier. In search of definitions: Cancer-associated fibroblasts and their markers. doi: 10.1002/ijc.32193
Product Patent Application
- So Yeon Kim, Hyeran Gwak, Eun Gyeong Yang. (2020). Composition and Kit for Differentiating Cancer Associated Fibroblasts into Macrophages, and Method of Using the Same. United States Patent Application 20200248141
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Human Breast CAFs CAF116 1,000,000 cells Human Bronchial CAFs CAF111 1,000,000 Cells Human Colon Fibroblast Cells HCF001 500,000 cells Human Kidney CAFs CAF110 1,000,000 Cells Human Liver CAFs CAF113 1,000,000 Cells Human Lung Adenocarcinoma CAFs CAF117 1,000,000 cells Human Lung Fibroblast Cells HLF001 500,000 Cells Human Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma CAFs CAF117S 1,000,000 Cells Human Metastatic Ovarian CAFs CAF114 1,000,000 Cells Human Ovarian CAFs CAF112 1,000,000 Cells Human Pancreatic CAF-Stellate Cells CAF118 1,000,000 Cells Human Pancreatic Fibroblast Cells HPF001 500,000 Cells Human Prostate CAFs CAF119 1,000,000 Cells Immortalized Human Colorectal Tumor CAFs CAF115-IM 1,000,000 cells Immortalized Human Lung Adenocarcinoma CAFs CAF117-IM 1,000,000 cells Immortalized Human Pancreatic CAFs CAF118-IM 1,000,000 cells Insulin Secreting Human Fibroblast Pancreatic Islet Cells HPF002 500,00 Cells