Neurofilaments can be defined as the intermediate or 10nm filaments found in specifically in neuronal cells. In the electron microscope neurofilaments appears as 10nm diameter fibres of indeterminate length which generally have fine wispy protrusions from their sides. They are found particularly abundantly in axons of large projection neurons. Antibodies to the various neurofilament subunits are very useful cell type markers since the proteins are among the most abundant of the nervous system, are expressed only in neurons, and are biochemically very stable.
Some studies have shown that levels of neurofilament heavy and neurofilament light are elevated in patients with Alzheimer's disease, frontotemporal lobe dementia, and vascular dementia.
- Product ReviewsAs a neuroscience lab in Colorado, we love Neuromics. Their products are reliable, of excellent quality, and customer service is quick and responsive!Katherine Given - Oct 15, 2018 - Rating: 5.0Products came quickly, service was prompt.Alanna Ritchie - Feb 01, 2018 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Tulsi Patel, Jennifer Hammelman, Siaresh Aziz, Sumin Jang, Michael Closser, Theodore L. Michaels, Jacob A. Blum, David K. Gifford, and Hynek Wichterle. (2022). Transcriptional Dynamics of Murine Motor Neuron Maturation in vivo and in vitro. Nature Communications, 13, 5427. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-33022-4
- Meng Zhang, Chen Qin, Yufeng Wang, Xuye Hu, Jingge Ma, Hui Zhuang, Jianmin Xue, Li Wan, Jiang Chang, Weiguo Zou, and Chengtie Wu. (2022). 3D Printing of Tree-Like Scaffolds for Innervated Bone Regeneration. Additive Manufacturing. doi: 10.1016/j.addma.2022.102721
- Luke La Hausse De Lalouviere, Oscar Morice, and Maria Fitzgerald. (2021). Altered Sensory Innervation and Pain Hypersensitivity in a Model of Young Painful Arthritic Joints: Short- and Long-Term Effects. Inflammation Research, 186. doi: 10.1007/s00011-021-01450-5
- R. Diéguez-Hurtado, K. Kato, B.D. Giaimo, M. Nieminen-Kelhä, H. Arf, F. Ferrante, M. Bartkuhn, T. Zimmermann, M.G. Bixel, H.M. Eilken, S. Adams, T. Borggrefe, P. Vajkoczy, R.H. Adams. (2019). Loss of the Transcription Factor RBPJ Induces Disease-Promoting Properties in Brain Pericytes. Nature Communications, 10:2817. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10643-w
- Yiting Liu, Katherine S. Given, Danielle E. Harlow, Adeline M. Matschulat, Wendy B. Macklin, Jeffrey L. Bennett and Gregory P. Owens. (2017). Myelin-specific multiple sclerosis antibodies cause complement-dependent oligodendrocyte loss and demyelination. Acta Neuropathologica Communications Neuroscience of Disease, 20175:25, doi: 10.1186/s40478-017-0428-6
- Rashad Hussain and Wendy B. Macklin. (2016). Integrin linked kinase (ILK) deletion disrupts oligodendrocyte development by altering cell cycle. Journal of Neuroscience, 2 December 2016, 2113-16; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2113-16.2016
- Bethany L. Johnson-Kerner, Faizzan S. Ahmad, Alejandro Garcia Diaz, John Palmer Greene, Steven J. Gray, Richard Jude Samulski, Wendy K. Chung, Rudy Van Coster, Paul Maertens, Scott A. Noggle, Christopher E. Henderson, and Hynek Wichterle. (2015). Intermediate filament protein accumulation in motor neurons derived from giant axonal neuropathy iPSCs rescued by restoration of gigaxonin. Hum. Mol. Genet., 24: 1420 - 1431. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddu556
- Gayle M. Passmore, Joanne M. Reilly, Matthew Thakur, Vanessa N. Keasberry, Stephen J. Marsh, Anthony H. Dickenson and David A. Brown. (2012). Functional significance of M-type potassium channels in nociceptive cutaneous sensory endings. Fronteirs in Molecular Science, doi: 10.3389/fnmol.2012.00063
- Juan M Jimenez-Andrade and Patrick W Mantyh. (2012). Sensory and sympathetic nerve fibers undergo sprouting and neuroma formation in the painful arthritic joint of geriatric mice. Arthritis Research & Therapy 2012, 14:R101; doi: 10.1186/ar3826
- Juan M. Jimenez-Andrade, Aaron P. Bloom, James I. Stake, William G. Mantyh, Reid N. Taylor, Katie T. Freeman, Joseph R. Ghilardi, Michael A. Kuskowski, and Patrick W. Mantyh. (2010). Pathological Sprouting of Adult Nociceptors in Chronic Prostate Cancer-Induced Bone Pain. J. Neurosci., 30: 14649 - 14656 ; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3300-10.2010
- Agnès Gardet, Yair Benita, Chun Li, Bruce E. Sands, Isabel Ballester, Christine Stevens, Joshua R. Korzenik, John D. Rioux, Mark J. Daly, Ramnik J. Xavier, and Daniel K. Podolsky. (2010). LRRK2 Is Involved in the IFN- Response and Host Response to Pathogens J. Immunol., 185: 5577 - 5585. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1000548
- Min-Tsai Liu, Yung-Hui Kuan, Jingwen Wang, René Hen, and Michael D. Gershon. (2009). 5-HT4 Receptor-Mediated Neuroprotection and Neurogenesis in the Enteric Nervous System of Adult Mice. The Journal of Neuroscience, 29(31):9683-9699; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1145-09.2009
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products