Murine netrin-1 precursor is a 67,768 dalton protein (604 amino acids) expressed by subpopulations of cells within the developing CNS, as well as in various non-neural tissues, including the gut, liver, heart, and prostate. In the embryonic CNS, netrin-1 is expressed by cells of the floor plate, and acts to attract axons of commissural neurons from the dorsal horn gray matter. Netrin-1 is also believed to play a role in the growth of motor axons in the PNS.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Ganesan Ramesh, Arthur Berg, and Calpurnia Jayakumar. (2011). Plasma netrin-1 is a diagnostic biomarker of human cancers. Biomarkers. 16(2): 172–180. doi: 10.3109/1354750X.2010.541564
- Amelia Stanco, Charles Szekeres, Nikhil Patel, Sarada Rao, Kenneth Campbell, Jordan A. Kreidberg, Franck Polleux, and E. S. Anton. (2009). Netrin-1–3β1 integrin interactions regulate the migration of interneurons through the cortical marginal zone. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.0811343106
- Weiwei Wang, W. Brian Reeves, and Ganesan Ramesh. (2009). Netrin-1 increases proliferation and migration of renal proximal tubular epithelial cells via the UNC5B receptor. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, doi: 10.1152/ajprenal.90686.2008
- W.Brian Reeves, Osun Kwon, and Ganesan Ramesh. (2008). Netrin-1 is an early biomarker of acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. doi: 10.1152/ajprenal.00507.2007
- Weiwei Wang, W.Brian Reeves, and Ganesan Ramesh. (2008). Part 1: Functional Studies Netrin-1 protects against ischemia reperfusion injury of the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. doi: 10.1152/ajprenal.00508.2007
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products