NO LONGER AVAILABLE—SEE RELATED PRODUCTS BELOW
This antibody was produced from a hybridoma resulting from the fusion of a mouse myeloma with B cells obtained from a mouse immunized with white matter of corpus callosum from bovine brain (1). Oligodendrocytes are myelinating cells in the central nervous system (CNS) that form the myelin sheath of axons to support rapid nerve conduction. Oligodendrocyte Marker O4 is an antigen on the surface of oligodendrocyte progenitors (2, 3). It has been commonly used as the earliest recognized marker specific for the oligodendroglial lineage (4 - 9).
1. Sommer, I. and M. Schachner (1981) Dev. Biol. 83:311.
2. Schachner, M. et al. (1981) Dev. Biol. 83:328.
3. Bansal, R. et al. (1989) J. Neurosci. Res. 24:548.
4. Bansal, R. and S.E. Pfeiffer (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:6181.
5. Gard, A. et al. (1995) Dev. Biol. 167:596.
6. Reynolds, R. and R. Hardy (1997) J. Neurosci. Res. 47:455.
7. Ono, K. et al. (1997) J. Neurosci. Res. 48:212.
8. Pang, Y. et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. Res. 62:510.
9. Cai, Z. et al. (2001) Brain Res. 898:126.
- Product ReviewsNeuromics has a conjugated antibody for oligodendrocytes that is unavailable anywhere else and works really well. Very pleased with the product and have already ordered it a few times. Edit: This antibody is available from Miltenyi now. They both behave comparably.Matthew Smith - Apr 24, 2018 - Rating: 5.0I use their O4-PE antibody for flow and it works really well, I'm very pleased with the product and haven't found anything nearly as good from other manufacturers. Product Name: Oligodendrocyte Marker 04 Phycoerythrin (Clone 04), Mouse – (Cat# FC15013) http://bit.ly/1bGhVSS Organization: Johns Hopkins UniversityMatthew Smith - May 13, 2016 - Rating: 5.0Although the counter did not work for our applications, application specialists were very thorough, helpful, and patient with us. Product Name: Oligodendrocyte Marker O4-Phycoerythrin Labeled (Cat# FC15013), http://bit.ly/1bGhVSS Organization: Johns Hopkins UniversityAmanda - Oct 31, 2013 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products