Agouti-related Protein (AgRP), also known as the protein product of the agouti-related transcript (ART), is a neuropeptide and a functional antagonist of alpha-MSH on MC-3 and MC-4 receptors, both of which are implicated in obesity. AgRP shares sequence and structural homology with the Agouti protein and has similar expression patterns in both mouse and human.
It is also supsected to play a role in modulation of pain.
- Product Reviewsservice is good, shipping is timely. Product Name: Agouti-Related Protein, Goat – (Cat# GT15023) http://bit.ly/1pExiQT Organization: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterJia - Aug 14, 2014 - Rating: 4.0it was very good, especially sending me the tracking information so that I could have someone to keep an eye for it while I wasn't available. I will use this vendor in the future. Product Name: Agouti-Related Protein, Goat – (Cat# GT15023) http://bit.ly/1pExiQT Organization: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterJia - May 30, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Amber L. Alhadeff, Zhenwei Su, Elen Hernandez, Michelle L. Klima, Sophie Z. Phillips, Ruby A. Holland, Caiying Guo, Adam W. Hantman, Bart C. De Jonghe, J. Nichol. Neural Circuit for the Suppression of Pain by a Competing Need State. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.02.057 |
- Koichiro Ogawa, Hidetaka Suga, Chikafumi Ozone, Mayu Sakakibara, Tomiko Yamada, Mayuko Kano, Kazuki Mitsumoto, Takatoshi Kasai, Yu Kodani, Hiroshi Nagasaki, Naoki Yamamoto, Daisuke Hagiwara, Motomitsu Goto, Ryoichi Banno, Yoshihisa Sugimura & Hiroshi Arima. (2018). Vasopressin-secreting neurons derived from human embryonic stem cells through specific induction of dorsal hypothalamic progenitors. Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 3615(2018) doi:10.1038/s41598-018-22053-x
- Eun Ran Kim, Pei San Lew, Alexandra Spirkina, Tooru M. Mizuno. (2016). Xenin-induced feeding suppression is not mediated through the activation of central extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in mice. Behavioural Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2016.06.026
- J. Nicholas Betley, Shengjin Xu, Zhen Fang Huang Cao, Rong Gong, Christopher J. Magnus, Yang Yu & Scott M. Sternson. (2015). Neurons for hunger and thirst transmit a negative-valence teaching signal. Nature, 521, 180–185. doi: 10.1038/nature14416
- Alastair S Garfield, Chia Li, Joseph C Madara, Bhavik P Shah, Emily Webber,Jennifer S Steger, John N Campbell, Oksana Gavrilova, Charlotte E Lee, David P Olson, Joel K Elmquist, Bakhos A Tannous, Michael J Krashes & Bradford B Lowell. (2015). A neural basis for melanocortin-4 receptor–regulated appetite. Nature Neuroscience, 18, 863–871. doi: 10.1038/nn.4011
- Cyprian Weavera, Nolan Turnerb, Jennifer Hal. (2012). Review of the Neuroanatomic Landscape Implicated in Glucose Sensing and Regulation of Nutrient Signaling: Immunophenotypic Localization of Diabetes Gene Tcf7l2 in the Developing Murine Brain. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy, doi: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2012.06.002
- Yongheng Cao, Masanori Nakata, Shiki Okamoto, Eisuke Takano, Toshihiko Yada, Yasuhiko Minokoshi, Yukio Hirata, Kazunori Nakajima, Kristy Iskandar, Yoshitake Hayashi, Wataru Ogawa, Gregory S. Barsh, Hiroshi Hosoda, Kenji Kangawa, Hiroshi Itoh, Tetsuo Noda, Masato Kasuga, Jun Nakae. (2011). PDK1-Foxo1 in Agouti-Related Peptide Neurons Regulates Energy Homeostasis by Modulating Food Intake and Energy Expenditure. PLoS ONE, 6(4): e18324. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0018324
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products