RAGE (receptor for advanced glycation end products) is a multiligand type I transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily. RAGE ligands include advanced glycation end products (AGEs), amyloid-beta (A beta) peptide, HMG-1 (also known as Amphoterin), and several members of the S100 protein superfamily. RAGE has potential involvement in several pathological processes including diabetes, Alzheimer's disease (AD), systemic amyloidosis, and tumor growth. RAGE may also mediate several physiological functions such as neuronal outgrowth, survival, and regeneration, and play a part in pro-inflammatory reactions.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Zhao, X., Liao, Y.N. & Huang, Q. (2017). Small interfering RNA targeting receptor for advanced glycation end products protects the rats from multibacterial sepsis. Ir J Med Sci, doi: 10.1007/s11845-017-1613-0
- Marieke A.D. van Zoelena, Catharina W. Wieland, Gerritje J.W. van der Windta, Sandrine Florquin, Peter P. Nawroth, Angelika Bierhaus, Tom van der Poll. (2012). Receptor for advanced glycation end products is protective during murine tuberculosi. Molecular Immunology, Volume 52, Issues 3–4, Pages 183–189. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2012.05.014
- Marieke A.D. van Zoelen, Marleen I. Verstege, Christian Draing, Regina de Beer, Cornelis van’t Veera, Sandrine Florquin, Paul Bresser, Jaring S. van der Zee, Anje A. te Velde, Sonja von Aulock and Tom van der Poll. (2011). Endogenous MCP-1 promotes lung inflammation induced by LPS and LTA. Molecular Immunology, doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2011.04.001
- Marieke A.D van Zoelena, Koenraad F. van der Sluijsa, Ahmed Achouitia, Sandrine Florquine, Jennie M. Braun-Patera, Huan Yang, Peter P. Nawrothg, Kevin J. Traceyf, Angelika Bierhausg and Tom van der Poll. (2009). Receptor for advanced glycation end products is detrimental during influenza A virus pneumonia. Virology, doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2009.05.032
- Marieke A.D. van Zoelen, Sandrine Florquin, Regina de Beer, Jennie M. Pater, Marleen I. Verstege, Joost C.M. Meijers and Tom van der Poll. (2009). Urokinase Plasminogen Activator Receptor-Deficient Mice Demonstrate Reduced Hyperoxia-Induced Lung Injury. American Journal of Pathology,174:2182-2189. doi: 10.2353/ajpath.2009.080914
- Marieke A. D. van Zoelen, Marcel Schouten, Alex F. de Vos, Sandrine Florquin, Joost C. M. Meijers, Peter P. Nawroth, Angelika Bierhaus, and Tom van der Poll. (2009). The Receptor for Advanced Glycation End Products Impairs Host Defense in Pneumococcal Pneumonia. J. Immunol., 182: 4349 - 4356. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.0801199
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products