NO LONGER AVAILABLE—SEE RELATED PRODUCTS BELOW
Cathepsin B is the first described member of the family of lysosomal cysteine proteases. Cathepsin B possesses both endopeptidase and exopeptidase activities, in the latter case acting as a peptidyl-dipeptidase. It is known to process a number of proteins, including pro and active caspases, prorenin and SLPI. Cathepsin B is synthesized as a preproenzyme. Following removal of the signal peptide, the inactive proenzyme undergoes further modifications including removal of the pro region to result in the active enzyme.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Joanna Szumska, Zaina Batool, Alaa Al-Hashimi, Vaishnavi Venugopalan, Vladislav Skripnik, Norbert Schaschke, Matthew Bogyo, Klaudia Brix. (2019). Treatment of Rat Thyrocytes in vitro With Cathepsin B and L Inhibitors Results in Disruption of Primary Cilia Leading to Redistribution of the Trace Amine Associated Receptor 1 to the Endoplasmic Reticulum. Biochimie. doi: 10.1016/j.biochi.2019.07.010
- Jiang Ying, Yutaka Sato, Eunju Im, Martin Berg, Matteo Bordi, SandipKumar Darji, Asok Kumar, Panaiyur S. Mohan, Urmi Bandyopadhyay, Antonio Diaz, Ana Maria Cuervo and Ralph A. Nixon. (2019). Lysosomal dysfunction in Down syndrome is APP-dependent and mediated by APP-βCTF (C99). Journal of Neuroscience, 0578-19; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0578-19.2019
- Tatyana Danyukova, Khandsuren Ariunbat, Melanie Thelen, Nahal Brocke-Ahmadinejad, Sara E. Mole, Stephan Storch. (2018). Loss of CLN7 results in depletion of soluble lysosomal proteins and impaired mTOR reactivation. Human Molecular Genetics, ddy076, https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddy076
- Jonas Weber, Joseph McInnes, Cise Kizilirmak, Maren Rehders, Maria Qatato, Eva K. Wirth, Ulrich Schweizer, Francois Verrey, Heike Heuer, Klaudia Brix. (2017). Interdependence of thyroglobulin processing and thyroid hormone export in the mouse thyroid gland. European Journal of Cell Biology, doi: 10.1016/j.ejcb.2017.02.002.
- Laura Brandenstein, Michaela Schweizer, Jan Sedlacik, Jens Fiehler and Stephan Storch. (2015). Lysosomal dysfunction and impaired autophagy in a novel mouse model deficient for the lysosomal membrane protein Cln7. Hum. Mol. Genet, doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddv615
- Dauth S, Sirbulescu RF, Jordans S, Rehders M, Avena L, Oswald J, Lerchl A, Saftig P, Brix K. (2011). Cathepsin K deficiency in mice induces structural and metabolic changes in the central nervous system that are associated with learning and memory deficits. BMC Neuroscience 2011, 12:74 (27 July 2011). doi: 10.1186/1471-2202-12-74
- Sofia Tedelind, Kseniia Poliakova, Amanda Valeta, Ruth Hunegnaw, Eyoel Lemma Yemanaberhan, Nils-Erik Heldin, Junichi Kurebayashi, Ekkehard Weber, Nataša Kopitar-Jerala, Boris Turk, Matthew Bogyo, Klaudia Brix. (2010). Nuclear cysteine cathepsin variants in thyroid carcinoma cells. Biological Chemistry, doi: 10.1515/BC.2010.109
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products