PDGF isoforms exert their cellular effect by binding to the structurally similar receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs), PDGF R alpha and PDGF R beta. PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB, PDGF-CC, PDGF-DD and PDGF-AB isofoms bind the two distinct cell surface PDGF receptors with different affinities. Both PDGF R alpha and PDGF R beta are members of the class III subfamily of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK). All class III RTKs are characterized by the presence of five immunoglobulin-like domains in their extracellular region and a split kinase domain in their intracellular region. PDGF binding induces receptor homo-and heterodimerization leading to signal transduction. The expression of alpha and beta receptors are independently regulated in various cell types.
PDGF has also been linked to atherosclerosis, fibrosis and malignant diseases.
- Product ReviewsGreat service & customer care! Product Name: PDGF R alpha, Goat – (Cat# GT15150) http://bit.ly/KaZsmK Organization: University of BuffaloBarbara - Jun 19, 2017 - Rating: 4.0Wonderful service Product Name: PDGF R alpha, Goat – (Cat# GT15150) http://bit.ly/KaZsmK Organization: University of BuffaloVeronica - Jan 10, 2014 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Victoria Sofía Berenice Wies Mancini Juana María Pasquini Jorge Daniel Correale Laura Andrea Pasquini (2018). Microglial modulation through colony‐stimulating factor‐1 receptor inhibition attenuates demyelination. Glia. https://doi.org/10.1002/glia.23540
- Laura Thomas and Laura Andrea Pasquini. (2018). Extracellular Galectin-3 Induces Accelerated Oligodendroglial Differentiation Through Changes in Signaling Pathways and Cytoskeleton Dynamics. Mol Neurobiol https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-018-1089-6
- H. C. Hoyos, Mariel Marder, R. Ulrich, V. Gudi, M. Stangel, G. A. Rabinovich, L. A. Pasquini, J. M. Pasquini. (2016). The Role of Galectin-3: From Oligodendroglial Differentiation and Myelination to Demyelination and Remyelination Processes in a Cuprizone-Induced Demyelination Model. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, Volume 949, pp 311-332. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-40764-7_15
- Rinaldi M., Thomas L.a, Mathieu P., Carabias P., Troncoso M.F., Pasquini J.M., Rabinovich G.A., Pasquini L.A. (2016). Galectin-1 circumvents lysolecithin-induced demyelination through the modulation of microglial polarization/phagocytosis and oligodendroglial differentiation. Neurobiology of Disease, Volume 96, December 2016, Pages 127-143. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2016.09.003
- Yang Zheng, Seiji Yamamoto, Yoko Ishii, Yang Sang, Takeru Hamashima, Nguyen Van De, Hirofumi Nishizono, Ran Inoue, Hisashi Mori, and Masakiyo Sasahara. (2015). Glioma-Derived Platelet-Derived Growth Factor-BB Recruits Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells via Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor-α and Remodels Cancer Stroma. The American Journal of Pathology, doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2015.12.020
- Paula G. Franco, Juana M. Pasquini, Lucas Silvestroff. (2015). Optimizing Culture Medium Composition to Improve Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Yields In Vitro from Subventricular Zone-Derived Neural Progenitor Cell Neurospheres. PLoS ONE, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0121774
- María Julia Pérez, Natalia Fernandez, Juana María Pasquini. (2013). Oligodendrocyte differentiation and signaling after transferrin internalization: A mechanism of action. Experimental Neurology, Volume 248, October 2013, Pages 262–274. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2013.06.014
- Diego C. Fernandez, Laura A. Pasquini, Damián Dorfman, Hernán J. Aldana Marcos, Ruth E. Rosenstein. (2012). Ischemic Conditioning Protects from Axoglial Alterations of the Optic Pathway Induced by Experimental Diabetes in Rats. PLOS ONE, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0051966
- Diego C. Fernandez, Laura A. Pasquini, Damián Dorfman, Hernán J. Aldana Marcos, Ruth E. Rosenstein. (2012). Early Distal Axonopathy of the Visual Pathway in Experimental Diabetes. The American Journal of Pathology, doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2011.09.018
- L A Pasquini, V Millet, H C Hoyos, J P Giannoni, D O Croci, M Marder, F T Liu, G A Rabinovich and J M Pasquini. (2011). Galectin-3 drives oligodendrocyte differentiation to control myelin integrity and function. Cell Death & Differentiation, doi: 10.1038/cdd.2011.40
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products