Members of the Pax family of transcription factors contain a paired box DNA binding domain and may or may not contain a paired-type homeodomain and/or octapeptide region. Nine Pax genes have been identified in mammals and are divided into four subgroups based on the sequence elements present. Pax genes play a variety of roles during embryogenesis, regulating cell-lineage specification, proliferation, migration, and survival of diverse cell and tissue types. Several of the Pax genes are also expressed in cancers and serve as tumor markers.
Images/Data. Differentiation is strongly reduced in satellite cell progeny on TRIM32−/− myofibers. (a), (c) and (e) Immunostainings of satellite cells on freshly isolated myofibers from wild type (+/+) and TRIM32−/− (−/−) mice cultured for 24 h (a), 48 h (c) and 72 h (e) and labelled with the indicated markers (upper grey boxes). (b), (d) and (f) Diagrams showing the relative frequency of Pax7+/MyoD− cells on fibers cultured for 24 h (b), Pax7+/Myogenin− cells on fibers cultured for 48 h (d) and Pax7−/Myogenin+ cells on fibers cultured for 72 h (f). In all cases cells on myofibers from wild type mice and TRIM32−/− mice are compared. (mean ± std; *P<0.001 compared to wild type). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0030445.g003
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- J. E. Jakobsgaard, M. Christiansen, P. Sieljacks, J. Wang, T. Groennebaek, F. de Paoli, K. Vissing. (2018). Impact of blood flow-restricted bodyweight exercise on skeletal muscle adaptations. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging.
- Lena Willkomm, Sebastian Gehlert, Daniel Jacko, Thorsten Schiffer, Wilhelm Bloch. (2017). p38 MAPK activation and H3K4 trimethylation is decreased by lactate in vitro and high intensity resistance training in human skeletal muscle. PLOS, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0176609
- Abigail L. Mackey, Lotte K. Rasmussen, Fawzi Kadi, Peter Schjerling, Ida C. Helmark, Elodie Ponsot, Per Aagaard, João Luiz Q. Durigan and Michael Kjaer. (2016). Activation of satellite cells and the regeneration of human skeletal muscle are expedited by ingestion of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication. FASEB Journal, doi: 10.1096/fj.201500198R
- Hoedt, A., Christensen, B., Nellemann, B., Mikkelsen, U. R., Hansen, M., Schjerling, P. and Farup, J. (2015). Satellite cell response to erythropoietin treatment and endurance training in healthy young men. J Physiol, doi: 10.1113/JP271333
- Jean Farup, Michael De Lisio, Stine Klejs Rahbek, Jonas Bjerre, Mikkel Holm Vendelbo, Marni D. Boppart, Kristian Vissing. (2015). Pericyte Response to Contraction Mode-Specific Resistance Exercise Training in Human Skeletal Muscle. Journal of Applied Physiology, doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.01108.2014
- Lena Willkomm, Sarah Schubert, Raphael Jung, Manuela Elsen, Julika Borde, Sebastian Gehlert, Frank Suhr, Wilhelm Bloch. (2014). Lactate regulates myogenesis in C2C12 myoblasts in vitro. Stem Cell Research, Volume 12, Issue 3, Pages 742-753. doi: 10.1016/j.scr.2014.03.004
- Saclier, M., Yacoub-Youssef, H., Mackey, A. L., Arnold, L., Ardjoune, H., Magnan, M., Sailhan, F., Chelly, J., Pavlath, G. K., Mounier, R., Kjaer, M. and Chazaud, B. (2013). Differentially Activated Macrophages Orchestrate Myogenic Precursor Cell Fate During Human Skeletal Muscle Regeneration. STEM CELLS, 31: 384–396. doi: 10.1002/stem.1288
- Nicklas S , Otto A , Wu X , Miller P , Stelzer S , et al. (2012). TRIM32 Regulates Skeletal Muscle Stem Cell Differentiation and Is Necessary for Normal Adult Muscle Regeneration. PLoS ONE, 7(1): e30445. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0030445
- Abigail Louise Mackey, Lars L. Andersen, Ulrik Frandsen, Charlotte Suetta, and Gisela Sjogaard. (2010). Distribution of myogenic progenitor cells and myonuclei is altered in women with vs. those without chronically painful trapezius muscle. J Appl Physiol, doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00789.2010
- Ulla Ramer Mikkelsen, Henning Langberg, Ida Caroe Helmark, Dorthe Skovgaard, Lars L. Andersen, Michael Kjaer, and Abigail Louise Mackey. (2009). Region specific prostaglandin blockade inhibits satellite cell proliferation in human skeletal muscle following eccentric exercise. J Appl Physiol, doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00707.2009
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products