WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE AFTER OCT 31st
This antibody reacts with the 52 kD intermediate filament protein GFAP in brain and spinal cord. It labels some astrocytes and some CNS ependymal cells but not oligodendrocytes or neurons. This antibody does not react with other intermediate filament proteins
Immunohistochemistry Protocol: This antibody was used at a concentration of 5 - 10 μg/mL to detect human GFAP in astrocytes differentiated from neural progenitors. Cells were fixed with PBS containing 4% paraformaldehyde for 20 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% normal donkey serum, 0.3% Triton X-100, and 1% BSA for 45 minutes at room temperature. After blocking, cells were incubated with diluted primary antibody overnight at 4° C followed by Rhodamine Red™-coupled anti-mouse IgG at room temperature in the dark for one hour. Between each step, cells were washed with PBS containing 0.1% BSA.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Pítia Flores Ledur, Karina Karmirian, Carolina da Silva Gouveia Pedrosa, Leticia Rocha Quintino Souza, Gabriela Assis-de-Lemos, Thiago Martino Martins, Jéssica de Cassia Cavalheiro Gomes Ferreira, Gabriel Ferreira de Azevedo Reis, Eduardo Santos Silva, Débora Silva, José Alexandre Salerno, Isis Moraes Ornelas, Sylvie Devalle, Rodrigo Furtado Madeiro da Costa, Livia Goto-Silva, Luiza Mendonça Higa, Adriana Melo, Amilcar Tanuri, Leila Chimelli, Marcos Massao Murata, Patrícia Pestana Garcez, Eduardo Cremonese Filippi-Chiela, Antonio Galina, Helena Lobo Borges, and Stevens Kastrup Rehen. (2020). Zika Virus Infection Leads to Mitochondrial Failure, Oxidative Stress and DNA Damage in Human iPSC-Derived Astrocytes.Scientific Reports, 10:1218. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-57914-x
- Guadalupe García, Erika J.Gutiérrez-Lara, David Centurióna, Vinicio Granados-Soto, Janet Murbartián (2019). Fructose-induced insulin resistance as a model of neuropathic pain in rats. Neuroscience. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2019.01.063
- Mariano Guardia Clausi, Laura A Pasquini, Eduardo F Soto and Juana M Pasquini. (2010). Apotransferrin-induced recovery after hypoxic/ischaemic injury on myelination. ASN NEURO, 2(5): art: e00048. doi: 10.1042/AN20100020
- Ulla C. Kopp, Olaf Grisk, Michael Z Cicha, Lori A Smith, Antje Steinbach, Torsten Schluter, Nicole Mahler, and Tomas Hokfelt. (2009). Dietary sodium modulates the interaction between efferent renal sympathetic nerve activity and afferent renal nerve activity: role of endothelin. Am J Physiol Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol, doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.91029.2008
- Aaron Hirko, Renee Dallasen, Sachiko Jomura, Yan Xu. (2008). Modulation of Inflammatory Responses after Global Ischemia by Transplanted Umbilical-Cord Matrix Stem Cells. Stem Cells, doi: 10.1634/stemcells.2008-0075
- Jan Mulder, Tibor Harkany, Katalin Czollner, Thomas I.F.H. Cremers, Jan N. Keijser, Csaba Nyakas, Paul G.M. Luiten. (2005). Galantamine-induced behavioral recovery after sublethal excitotoxic lesions to the rat medial septum. Behavioural Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2005.04.019
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products