NGF was initially isolated in the mouse submandibular gland as a 7S complex composed of three non covalently linked subunits, α, β, and γ. Both the α and γ subunits of NGF are members of the kallikrein family of serine proteases while the β subunit, called βNGF or 2.5S NGF, exhibits all the biological activities ascribed to NGF. Recombinant human βNGF is a homodimer of two 120 amino acid polypeptides. The human protein shares approximately 90% homology at the amino acid level with both the mouse and rat βNGF and exhibits cross species activity.
1. Oertle, T. et al., 2003, FASEB J. 17:1238.
2. GrandPre, T. et al., 2000, Nature 403:439.
3. Chen, M.S. et al., 2000, Nature 403:434.
4. Morris, N.J. et al., 1999, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1450:68.
5. Ito, T. and S.M. Schwartz, 1999, GenBank Accession # Q9JK11.
6. Oertle, T. et al., 2003, J. Neurosci. 23:5393.
7. Fournier, A.E. et al., 2001, Nature 409:341.
8. Wang, K.C. et al., 2002, Nature 420:74.
9. Prinjha, R. et al., 2000. Nature 403:383.
10. Dodd, D.A. et al., 2005, J. Biol. Chem. 280:12494.
11. Huber, A.B. and M.E. Schwab, 2000, Biol. Chem. 381:407.
12. Ng, C.E.L. and B.L. Tang, 2002, J. Neurosci. Res. 67:559.
13. Wang, X. et al., 2002, J. Neurosci. 22:5505.
14. Acevedo, L. et al., 2004, Nat. Med. 10:382.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size BDNF PR15020 25 ug BDNF PR15020 5 ug BDNF PR27080-10 10 ug BDNF PR27080-2 2 ug BDNF PR29001 2 ug BDNF PR29001-10 10 ug BDNF PR29001-100 100 ug BDNF PR29001-1000 1 mg BDNF, CF PR15020CF 25 ug BDNF, CF PR15020CF 5 ug NGF-b, Human, CHO PR27002-20 20 ug NGF-b, Human, CHO PR27002-5 5 ug NGF-b, Mouse PR27003-20 20 ug NGF-b, Mouse PR27003-5 5 ug NGF-b, NSO Derived, CF PR15084CF 100 ug ProNGF PR27004-10 10 ug ProNGF PR27004-2 2 ug