TRPV1 antagonists have shown efficacy in reducing nociception from inflammatory and neuropathic pain models in rats. This provides evidence that TRPV1 is the capsaicin's sole receptor. In humans, drugs acting at TRPV1 receptors could potentially be used to treat neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis, chemotherapy, or amputation, as well as pain associated with the inflammatory response of damaged tissue, such as in osteoarthritis.
- Product ReviewsProduct arrived promptly and when I expected. Product Name: TRPV1, rabbit - (Cat# RA14113), VR1 (TRPV1), goat - (Cat# GT15129) https://www.neuromics.com/RA14113 and https://www.neuromics.com/GT15129 Organization: Vanderbilt UniversityNolan - Dec 04, 2017 - Rating: 5.0The processing of the order was smooth and the product works well. thanks Product Name: VR1 (TRPV1)-mouse specific – (Cat# RA14113) http://bit.ly/18W3bk7 Organization: University of MarylandLianxin Che - Nov 21, 2013 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Poitras, T., Chandrasekhar, A., McCoy, L. et al. (2019). Selective Sensory Axon Reinnervation and TRPV1 Activation. Mol Neurobiol https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-019-1574-6
- Maria Cristina Marrone, Annunziato Morabito, Michela Giustizieri, Valerio Chiurchiù, Alessandro Leuti, Marzia Mattioli, Sara Marinelli, Loredana Riganti, Marta Lombardi, Emanuele Murana, Antonio Totaro, Daniele Piomelli, Davide Ragozzino, Sergio Oddi, Mauro Maccarrone, Claudia Verderio & Silvia Marinelli. (2017). TRPV1 channels are critical brain inflammation detectors and neuropathic pain biomarkers in mice. Nature Communications, 8, Article number: 15292. doi: 10.1038/ncomms15292
- Danyou Hu, Changming Wang, Fengxian Li, et al. (2017). “A Combined Water Extract of Frankincense and Myrrh Alleviates Neuropathic Pain in Mice via Modulation of TRPV1,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2017, Article ID 3710821, 11 pages. doi: 10.1155/2017/3710821
- Changming Wang, Zhongli Wang, Yan Yang, Chan Zhu, Guanyi Wu, Guang Yu, Tunyu Jian, Niuniu Yang, Hao Shi, Min Tang, Qian He, Lei Lan, Qin Liu, Yun Guan, Xinzhong Dong, Jinao Duan and Zongxiang Tang. (2015). Pirt contributes to uterine contraction-induced pain in mice. Molecular Pain, 11:57. doi: 10.1186/s12990-015-0054-x
- Carl Weitlauf, Nicholas J. Ward, Wendi S. Lambert, Tatiana N. Sidorova, Karen W. Ho, Rebecca M. Sappington, and David J. Calkins. (2014). Short-Term Increases in Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid-1 Mediate Stress-Induced Enhancement of Neuronal Excitation. The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(46): 15369-15381. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3424-14.2014
- Marics I, Malapert P, Reynders A, Gaillard S, Moqrich A. (2014). Acute Heat-Evoked Temperature Sensation Is Impaired but Not Abolished in Mice Lacking TRPV1 and TRPV3 Channels. PLoS ONE, 9(6): e99828. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0099828
- Dongyue Huang, Shuyang Li, Ajay Dhaka, Gina M Story and Yu-Qing Cao. (2012). Expression of the transient receptor potential channels TRPV1, TRPA1 and TRPM8 in mouse trigeminal primary afferent neurons innervating the dura. Molecular Pain, 8:66. doi: 10.1186/1744-8069-8-66
- Sarah E. Canetta, Edlira Luca, Elyse Pertot, Lorna W. Role, David A. Talmage. (2011). Type III Nrg1 Back Signaling Enhances Functional TRPV1 along Sensory Axons Contributing to Basal and Inflammatory Thermal Pain Sensation. PLoS ONE, 6(9): e25108. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0025108
- Julie A. Christianson, Klaus Bielefeldt, Sacha A. Malin and Brian M. Davis. (2010). Neonatal colon insult alters growth factor expression and TRPA1 responses in adult mice. Pain, Volume 151, Issue 2, Pages 540-549. doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2010.08.029
- Kenjiro Matsumoto, Emi Kurosawa, Hiroyuki Terui, Takuji Hosoya, Kimihito Tashima, Toshihiko Murayama, John V Priestley, and Syunji Horie. (2009). Localization of TRPV1 and contractile effect of capsaicin in mouse large intestine: high abundance and sensitivity in rectum and distal colon. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol, doi: 10.1152/ajpgi.90578.2008
- Rebecca M. Sappington, Tatiana Sidorova, Daniel J. Long, and David J. Calkins. (2009). TRPV1: Contribution to Retinal Ganglion Cell Apoptosis and Increased Intracellular Ca2+ with Exposure to Hydrostatic Pressure. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 50: 717 - 728. doi: 10.1167/iovs.08-2321
- Ann M. Bode, Yong-Yeon Cho, Duo Zheng, Feng Zhu, Marna E. Ericson, Wei-Ya Ma, Ke Yao, and Zigang Dong. (2009). Transient Receptor Potential Type Vanilloid 1 Suppresses Skin Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res., 69: 905 - 913. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-3263
- Jens Hjerling-Leffler, Mona AlQatari, Patrik Ernfors, and Martin Koltzenburg. (2007). Emergence of Functional Sensory Subtypes as Defined by Transient Receptor Potential Channel Expression. The Journal of Neuroscience, 27(10):2435–2443. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5614-06.2007
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Trp-p8 RA19043 100 ul TRPA1 RA14135 100 ul TRPA1 RA25013 100 ul TRPC4 MO50009 100 ug TRPC5 MO50010 100 ul TRPC7 GT41031 100 ug TRPM2 RA25034 100 ul TRPM6 (Chak2) GP14108 100 ul TRPM7 GT41030 100 ug VR1 (TRPV1) GT15129 100 ug VR1 C-terminus (TRPV1) GP14100 150 ul VR1 C-terminus (TRPV1) GP14100 50 ul VR1 N-Terminus (TRPV1) RA10110 150 ul VR1 N-Terminus (TRPV1) RA10110 50 ul