*On Backorder* *Replacement antibody RA14142
Met-enkephalin (tyr-gly-gly-phe-met) and leu-enkephalin (tyr-gly-gly-phe-leu) are pentapeptides which compete with and mimic the effects of opiate drugs. Although interest in enkephalins stems largely from their possible role in the brain, the richest source of these peptides is the adrenal gland. The amino acid sequence shows that the precursor is 267 amino acids long and contains 6 interspersed Met-enkephalin sequences and 1 Leu-enkephalin sequence. The precursor does not contain the sequences of dynorphin, alpha-neo-endorphin or beta-endorphin. (Because of structural similarities it had been postulated that beta-endorphin is precursor of Met-enkephalin, and that dynorphin or alpha-neo-endorphin is precursor of Leu-enkephalin.) It is involved in the modulation of nociceptive pain. ppENK may be capable of enhancing immune function in cancer or AIDS patients.
- Product ReviewsGood quality, fast service and reliable products!Maria Jose Navarro - Sep 20, 2019 - Rating: 5.0This is my first time ordering from Neuromics. The process was really easy, and the antibody came really fast. And it worked! So overall, perfect! Product Name: Enkephalin, pre-pro – (Cat# RA14124) http://bit.ly/1jFgBCa Organization: University of British ColumbiaLucia - Dec 05, 2014 - Rating: 5.0it was easy to find the desired product online. shipment was fast. product evaluation is underway. Product Name: Enkephalin, pre-pro (ppENK), Rabbit – (Cat# RA14124) http://bit.ly/1jFgBCa Organization: Harvard UniversityMatthew - Jan 22, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Koki Nagaoka, Takuya Nagashima, Nozomi Asaoka, Hiroki Yamamoto, Chihiro Toda, Gen Kayanuma, Soni Siswanto, Yasuhiro Funahashi, Keisuke Kuroda, Kozo Kaibuchi, Yasuo Mori, Kazuki Nagayasu, Hisashi Shirakawa, and Shuji Kaneko. (2021). Striatal TRPV1 Activation by Acetaminophen Ameliorates Dopamine D2 Receptor 4 Antagonists-Induced Orofacial Dyskinesia. JCI Insight. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.145632
- Anastasia Brodovskaya, Shinnosuke Shiono, and Jaideep Kapur. (2021). Activation of the Basal Ganglia and Indirect Pathway Neurons During Frontal Lobe Seizures. Brain. doi: 10.1093/brain/awab119
- Craig M. Smith, Joshua Cross, Izel M. Eraslan, Aparna Attawar, Sarah Ch’ng, Poshmaal Dhar, Rasika Samarasinghe, Laura Gray, and Andrew J. Lawrence. (2019). Phenotyping Neurons Activated in the Mouse Brain During Restoration of Salt Debt. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. doi: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2019.101665
- Nicolas Merienne, Cécile Meunier, Anne Schneider, Jonathan Seguin, Satish S.Nair, Anne B. Rocher, Stéphanie Le Gras, Céline Keime, Richard Faull, Luc Pellerin, Jean-Yves Chatton, Christian Neri, Karine Merienne, Nicole Déglon (2019). Cell-Type-Specific Gene Expression Profiling in Adult Mouse Brain Reveals Normal and Disease-State Signatures. Cell Reports. Volume 26, Issue 9, 26 February 2019, Pages 2477-https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2019.02.003
- Magdalena Sikora, Krzysztof Tokarski, Bartosz Bobula, Joanna Zajdel, Kamila Jastrzebska, Przemyslaw Eligiusz Cieslak, Magdalena Zygmunt, Joanna Sowa, Magdalena Smutek, Katarzyna Kaminska, Krystyna Golembiowska, David Engblom, Grzegorz Hess, Ryszard Przewlocki and Jan Rodriguez Parkitna. (2016). NMDA receptors on dopaminoceptive neurons are essential for drug-induced conditioned place preference. eNeuro, doi: 10.1523/ENEURO.0084-15.2016
- Alessandra Bonito-Oliva, Erik Södersten, Giada Spigolon, Xiaochen Hu, Arash Hellysaz, Anastasia Falconi, Ana-Luisa Gomes, Christian Broberger, Dr. Klaus Hansen, and Dr. Gilberto Fisone. (2015). Differential Regulation of the Phosphorylation of Trimethyl-lysine27 Histone H3 at Serine 28 in Distinct Populations of Striatal Projection Neurons. Neuropharmacology, doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2016.02.037
- Teri M. Furlong, Hirosha K. Jayaweera, Bernard W. Balleine, and Laura H. Corbit. (2014). Binge-Like Consumption of a Palatable Food Accelerates Habitual Control of Behavior and Is Dependent on Activation of the Dorsolateral Striatum. The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(14): 5012-5022; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3707-13.2014
- Sabrina L. Ena, Jean-François De Backer, Serge N. Schiffmann, and Alban de Kerchove d'Exaerde. (2013). FACS Array Profiling Identifies Ecto-5′ Nucleotidase as a Striatopallidal Neuron-Specific Gene Involved in Striatal-Dependent Learning. The Journal of Neuroscience, 33(20):8794-8809; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2989-12.2013
- Martin Novak, Briac Halbout, Eoin C. O'Connor, Jan Rodriguez Parkitna, Tian, Su, Minqiang Chai, Hans S. Crombag, Ainhoa Bilbao, Rainer Spanagel, David N. Stephens, Günther Schütz, and David Engblom. (2010). Incentive Learning Underlying Cocaine-Seeking Requires mGluR5 Receptors Located on Dopamine D1 Receptor-Expressing Neurons. J. Neurosci., 30: 11973 - 11982. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2550-10.2010
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products