WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE AFTER OCT 31st
EphrinB2, also known as HtkL,ELF2, LERK5,and NLERK1 (1), is a member of the ephrin ligand family which binds members of the Eph receptor family. All ligands share a conserved extracellular sequence, which most likely corresponds to the receptor binding domain. This conserved sequence consists of approximately 125 amino acids and includes four invariant cysteines. The Bclass ligands are transmembrane proteins which can become tyrosine phosphorylated upon receptor ligation. The cytoplasmic domains are approximately 80 amino acids long and are highly conserved, especially the last 33 amino acids. Several signaling molecules have been shown to interact with the cytoplasmic region, although specific signaling roles have yet to be elucidated. EphrinB2 has been shown to bind EphA4, EphB1, EphB2, EphB3, and EphB4 (2, 3). The extracellular domains of murine and human EphrinB2 share 98% amino acid identity. Only membranebound or Fcclustered ligands are capable of activating the receptor in vitro. While soluble monomeric ligands bind the receptor, they do not induce receptor autophosphorylation and activation (2). In vivo, the ligands and receptors display reciprocal expression (3). It has been found that nearly all the receptors and ligands are expressed in developing and adult neural tissue (3). The Ephrin/Eph families also appear to play a role in angiogenesis (3).
1. Eph Nomenclature Committee [letter]. (1997) Cell 90:403.
2. Flanagan, J.G. and P. Vanderhaeghen (1998) Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 21:309.
3. Pasquale, E.B. (1997) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 9:608.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Abate G, Colazingari S, Accoto A, Conversi D, Bevilacqua A. (2018). Dendritic spine density and EphrinB2 levels of hippocampal and anterior cingulate cortex neurons increase sequentially during formation of recent and remote fear memory in the mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2018 Feb 11. pii: S0166-4328(17)31388-8. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2018.02.011
- Antonio Trabalzaa, Sandra Colazingaria, Carmelo Sgobiob, Arturo Bevilacqua. (2012). Contextual learning increases dendrite complexity and EphrinB2 levels in hippocampal mouse neurons. Behavioural Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2011.11.008
- Akihito Muto, Tai Yi, Kenneth D. Harrison, Alberto Dávalos, Tiffany T. Fancher, Kenneth R. Ziegler, Amanda Feigel, Yuka Kondo, Toshiya Nishibe, William C. Sessa, and Alan Dardik. (20110. Eph-B4 prevents venous adaptive remodeling in the adult arterial environment. J. Exp. Med., doi: 10.1084/jem.20101854
- Candace Y. Hsieh, Paul A. Nakamura, Samantha O. Luk, Ilona J. Miko, Mark Henkemeyer, and Karina S. Cramer. (2010). Ephrin-B Reverse Signaling Is Required for Formation of Strictly Contralateral Auditory Brainstem Pathways. The Journal of Neuroscience, 30(29):9840-9849. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0386-10.2010
- Paolo Migani, Carole Bartlett, Sarah Dunlop, Lyn Beazley and Jennifer Rodger. (2007). Ephrin-B2 immunoreactivity distribution in adult mouse brain. Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2007.08.065
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products