NO LONGER AVAILABLE—SEE RELATED PRODUCTS BELOW
The low affinity nerve growth factor receptor (NGF R), also named p75 neurotrophin receptor, is a type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor superfamily and has been designated TNFRSF16. NGF R binds the neurotrophins NGF, BDNF, NT-3 and NT-4. It also binds several myelin derived proteins (Nogo, myelin associated glycoprotein, and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein) as a co-receptor with Nogo receptor.
This antibody has proven an excellent marker for Schwann Cells. (see for example: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/01/30/1222729110.full.pdf).
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Brandon Podyma, Dove-Anna Johnson, Laura Sipe, T. Parks Remcho, Katherine Battin, Yuxi Liu, Sung Ok Yoon, Christopher D. Deppmann, Ali D. Güler. (2020). The p75 Neurotrophin Receptor in AgRP Neurons is Necessary for Homeostatic Feeding and Food Anticipation.eLife, 9:e52623. doi: 10.7554/eLife.52623
- Diana Fernández-Suárez, Favio A. Krapacher, Annika Andersson, Carlos F. Ibáñez & Lilian Kisiswa. (2019). MAG induces apoptosis in cerebellar granule neurons through p75NTR demarcating granule layer/white matter boundary. Cell Death & Disease volume 10, Article number: 732. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-019-1970-x
- L. Kisiswa, D. Fernandez-Suarez, M.C. Sergaki, C.F. Ibanez. (2018). RIP2 Gates TRAF6 Interaction with Death Receptor p75NTR to Regulate Cerebellar Granule Neuron Survival.Cell Reports 24, pg. 1013-1024. Doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.06.098
- Seung Baek Han, Hyukmin Kim, Hyunkyoung Lee, Matthew Grove, George M. Smith and Young-Jin Son. (2017). Post-injury induction of activated ErbB2 selectively hyperactivates denervated Schwann cells and promotes robust dorsal root axon regeneration. Journal of Neuroscience. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0903-17.2017
- Kazuhiro Tanaka, Claire E. Kelly, Ket Yin Goh, Kim Buay Lim, and Carlos F. Ibáñez. (2016). Death Domain Signaling by Disulfide-Linked Dimers of the p75 Neurotrophin Receptor Mediates Neuronal Death in the CNS. The Journal of Neuroscience, 36(20): 5587-5595; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4536-15.2016
- Thuy-Vi V. Nguyen, Lin Shen, Lilith Vander Griend, Lisa N. Quach, Nadia P. Belichenko, Nay Saw, Tao Yang, Mehrdad Shamloo, Tony Wyss-Coray, Stephen M. Massa, Frank M. Longo. (2014). Small Molecule p75NTR Ligands Reduce Pathological Phosphorylation and Misfolding of Tau, Inflammatory Changes, Cholinergic Degeneration, and Cognitive Deficits in AβPPL/S Transgenic Mice. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, doi: 10.3233/JAD-140036
- Y. S. Prakash, Michael A. Thompson, and Christina M. Pabelick. (2009). "Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in TNF-α Modulation of Ca2+ in Human Airway Smooth Muscle", American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, Vol. 41, No. 5 (2009), pp. 603-611. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2008-0151OC
- Leah R. Reznikov, Qian Dong, Jeng-Haur Chena, Thomas O. Moninger, Jung Min Park, Yuzhou Zhang, Jianyang Du, Michael S. Hildebrand, Richard J. H. Smith, Christoph O. Randak, David A. Stoltz, and Michael J. Welsh. (2012). CFTR-deficient pigs display peripheral nervous system defects at birth. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1222729110
- Masamichi Shinoda, Masatake Asano, Daisuke Omagari, Kuniya Honda, Suzuro Hitomi, Ayano Katagiri, and Koichi Iwata. (2011). Nerve Growth Factor Contribution via Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 to Ectopic Orofacial Pain. The Journal of Neuroscience, 31(19):7145-7155; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0481-11.2011
- Angela L.M. Scott and Matt S. Ramer. (2010). Differential regulation of dendritic plasticity by neurotrophins following deafferentation of the adult spinal cord is independent of p75NTR. Brain Research, Volume 1323, 6 April 2010, Pages 48-58. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1222729110
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products