VR1, also known as TRPV1 (Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1) and capsaicin receptor, is a 115 kDa integral membrane ion channel that has six transmembrane domains and contains intracellular N-and C-termini. It contributes to normal pain and temperature sensation and also has a "sensory-effector" function. By alternative splicing, at least three VR1 isoforms are known. The sequence of residues 4 - 21 of rat VR1 is 78% and 28% identical to that of mouse and human VR1, respectively.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Xiaoxue Peng, Keith Studholme, Martha P Kanjiya, Jennifer Luk, Diane Bogdan, Matthew W Elmes, Gregory Carbonetti, Simon Tong, Yu-Han Gary Teng, ,Robert C Rizzo, Huilin Li, Dale G Deutsch, Iwao Ojima, Mario J Rebecchi, Michelino Puopolo, Martin Kaczocha. (2017). Fatty-acid-binding protein inhibition produces analgesic effects through peripheral and central mechanisms. Molecular Pain, doi: 10.1177/1744806917697007
- Ki Seok Lee, Youping Zhang, Jamila Asgar, Q-Schick Auh, Man-Kyo Chung, Jin Y. Ro. (2016). Androgen receptor transcriptionally regulates μ-opioid receptor expression in rat trigeminal ganglia. Neuroscience, doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2016.06.023
- Ken Koda, Kana Hyakkoku, Koichi Ogawa, Keiko Takasu, Sunao Imai, Yusuke Sakurai, Masahide Fujita, Hiroko Ono, Miyuki Yamamoto, Isao Fukuda, Shoji Yamane, Atsushi Morita, Toshiyuki Asaki, Toshiyuki Kanemasa, Gaku Sakaguchi, & Yasuhide Morioka. (2016). Sensitization of TRPV1 by protein kinase C in rats with mono-iodoacetate-induced joint pain. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2016.02.010
- Deborah M. Hegarty, Sam M. Hermes, Tally M. Largent-Milnes, Sue A. Aicher. (2014). Capsaicin-responsive corneal afferents do not contain TRPV1 at their central terminals in trigeminal nucleus caudalis in rats. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy, Volumes 61–62, Pages 1–12. doi: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2014.06.006
- Line Pourtau, Amarins Nieske Heeringa, Carole Rovere, Agnes Aubert, Jean-Louis Nahon, Sylvain Miraux, Jan Pieter Konsman. (2014). Increased circulating rather than spinal cytokines accompany chronic pain behaviors in experimental bone cancer and arthritis. Neuroimmunology and Neuroinflammation, doi: 10.4103/2347-8659.143680
- Haijun Zhang, Jessica A. Boyette-Davis, Alyssa K. Kosturakis, Yan Li, Seo-Yeon Yoon, Edgar T. Walters, Patrick M. Dougherty. (2013). Induction of Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1 (MCP-1) and Its Receptor CCR2 in Primary Sensory Neurons Contributes to Paclitaxel-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. The Journal of Pain, doi: 10.1016/j.jpain.2013.03.012
- Andrea M. Harrington, Patrick A. Hughes, Christopher M. Martin Jing Yang, Joel Castro, Nicole J. Isaacs, L. Ashley Blackshaw and Stuart M. Brierley. (2011). A novel role for TRPM8 in visceral afferent function. PAIN, doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2011.01.027
- Hyun Yeong Kim, Kihwan Kim, Hai Ying Li, Gehoon Chunga, Chul-Kyu Park, Joong Soo Kim, Sung Jun Jung, Min Kyung Lee, Dong Kuk Ahn, Se Jin Hwang, Youngnam Kang, Alexander M. Binshtok, Bruce P. Bean, Clifford J. Woolf, Seog Bae Oh. (2010). Selectively targeting pain in the trigeminal system. PAIN, Volume 150, Issue 1, Pages 29-40. doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2010.02.016
- K. Czaja, G.A. Burns, and R.C. Ritter. (2008). Capsaicin-induced neuronal death and proliferation of the primary sensory neurons located in the nodose ganglia of adult rats. Neuroscience, 154(2): 621–630. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2008.03.055
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Trp-p8 RA19043 100 ug Trp-p8 RA19043 100 ul TRPA1 RA14135 100 ul TRPA1 RA25013 100 ul TRPC4 MO50009 100 ug TRPC5 MO50010 100 ul TRPC7 GT41031 100 ug TRPM2 RA25034 100 ul TRPM6 (Chak2) GP14108 100 ul TRPM7 GT41030 100 ug VR1 C-terminus (TRPV1) GP14100 150 ul VR1 C-terminus (TRPV1) GP14100 50 ul VR1 C-Terminus (TRPV1) - mouse specific RA14113 100 ul VR1 C-Terminus (TRPV1) - mouse specific RA14113 50 ul VR1 N-Terminus (TRPV1) RA10110 150 ul VR1 N-Terminus (TRPV1) RA10110 50 ul