Acidic fibroblast growth factor is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members possess broad mitogenic and cell survival activities, and are involved in a variety of biological processes, including embryonic development, cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, tumor growth and invasion. This protein functions as a modifier of endothelial cell migration and proliferation, as well as an angiogenic factor. It acts as a mitogen for a variety of mesoderm- and neuroectoderm-derived cells in vitro, thus is thought to be involved in organogenesis.
Image: FGF1 protein structure and sequence
1. Novel inhibitor for fibroblast growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2007 Jun 26;
2. A nuclear export sequence located on a beta -strand in fibroblast growth factor-1.J Biol Chem 2007 Jul 6;
3. Microarray analyses of transdifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells.J Cell Biochem 2007 Jul 3;
4. Selective over-expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 4 in clinical prostate cancer. J Pathol 2007 Jul 2;
5. Unconventional secretion: an extracellular trap for export of fibroblast growth factor 2. J Cell Sci 2007 Jul 15;120(Pt 14):2295-9
6. Follicle stimulating hormone and fibroblast growth factor-2 interact and promote goat primordial follicle development in vitro. Reprod Fertil Dev 2007;19(5):677-84
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products