Trolox is a water soluble derivative of vitamin E with potent antioxidant and radical scavenging activities (1). In Hep G2 cells, it stops lipid peroxidation induced by CYP2E1 (2). Trolox also inhibits peroxynitrite-mediated oxidative stress and apoptosis in rat thymocytes (3). It decreases the amount of impaired proliferation of oxidatively stressed myoblasts overexpressing parkin interacting substrate (PARIS/ZNF746) (4). It has been used to compare the antioxidant capacity of other compounds (5) and reference standard for determination of “trolox equivalents” (6).
1) KD Massey et al. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 1990 8:449
2) Q Chen et al. Mol. Pharmacol. 1998 53:638
3) MG Salgo and WA Pryor Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 1996 333:482
4) J-H Bae et al. Cell Death Dis. 2020 11:359
5) H Muñoz et al. Arch. Med. Sci. 2020 16:871
6) R Re et al. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 1999 26:1231
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products