Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is present in C-cells of the thyroid and in central and peripheral nerves. CGRP has several important physiologic roles: it is a potent vasodilator, and can affect the force and rate of heart beat; it can modulate acetylcholine receptor function at the neuromuscular junction; it has been demonstrated to block tolerance to morphine; and it can modulate antigen presentation in Langerhans cells in the skin.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Chien-Cheng Liu, Yong-Jing Gao, Hao Luo, Temugin Berta, Zhen-Zhong Xu, Ru-Rong Ji & Ping-Heng Tan. (2016). Interferon alpha inhibits spinal cord synaptic and nociceptive transmission via neuronal-glial interactions. Scientific Reports, 6, Article number: 34356. doi: 10.1038/srep34356
- Thomas Volckaert, Erik Dill, Alice Campbell, Caterina Tiozzo, Susan Majka, Saverio Bellusci, and Stijn P. De Langhe. (2011). Parabronchial smooth muscle constitutes an airway epithelial stem cell niche in the mouse lung after injury. J Clin Invest., 121(11):4409–4419. doi: 10.1172/JCI58097
- Hua Zhang and A. S. Verkman. (2010). Aquaporin-1 Tunes Pain Perception by Interaction with Nav1.8 Na+ Channels in Dorsal Root Ganglion Neurons. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285, 5896-5906. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M109.090233
- Yong-Jing Gao, Ling Zhang, Omar Abdel Samad, Marc R. Suter, Kawasaki Yasuhiko, Zhen-Zhong Xu, Jong-Yeon Park, Anne-Li Lind, Qiufu Ma, and Ru-Rong Ji. (2009). JNK-Induced MCP-1 Production in Spinal Cord Astrocytes Contributes to Central Sensitization and Neuropathic Pain. The Journal of Neuroscience, 29(13):4096-4108; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3623-08.2009
- Marcie J. Abbey, Vinit V. Patil, Carrie V. Vause, Paul L. Durham. (2008). Repression of calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in trigeminal neurons by a Theobroma cacao extract. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 115 (2008) 238–248. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2007.09.028
- Srikanth Thalakoti, BS; Vinit V. Patil, MS; Srikanth Damodaram, BS; Carrie V. Vause, MS; Lauren E. Langford, MS; Stacy E. Freeman, BS; Paul L. Durham, PhD. (2007). Neuron–Glia Signaling in Trigeminal Ganglion: Implications for Migraine Pathology. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, Volume 47, Issue 7, Page 1008-1023, Jul 2007, doi: 10.1111/j.1526-4610.2007.00854.x
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products