Leptin is produced by adipose tissue and interacts with six types of receptor (LepRa–LepRf). LepRb is the only receptor isoform that contains active intracellular signaling domains. This receptor is present in a number of hypothalamic nuclei, where it exerts its effects.
It is also expressed in carotid bodies and plays a role in sleep apnea see: http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2487&context=etd
- Product ReviewsEasy to order, great customer service. Had everything in stock that we needed. Product Name: LepRb/OBRb, Chicken – (Cat# CH14104) http://bit.ly/JasIth Organization: University of MichiganShawn - Mar 06, 2015 - Rating: 5.0Received quality products in next to no time. Was very pleased with their service and the items that we purchased from Neuromics. Product Name: LepRb/OBRb, Chicken – (Cat# CH14104) http://bit.ly/JasIth Organization: University of PennsylvaniaRichard Ritacco - Dec 19, 2013 - Rating: 5.0(LepRb/OBRb Affinity Purified Chicken Antibody) This is a reliable antibody. I highly recommend it.Maria barnes - Sep 19, 2013 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Ken Matoba, Rieko Muramatsu & Toshihide Yamashita. (2017). Leptin sustains spontaneous remyelination in the adult central nervous system. Scientific Reports, 7, Article number: 40397, doi: 10.1038/srep40397
- John Ciriello, Jason M. Moreau, Aaron McCoy, Douglas L. Jones. (2016). Effect of intermittent hypoxia on arcuate nucleus in the leptin-deficient rat. Neuroscience Letters, Volume 626, Pages 112-118. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2016.05.029
- MJ Barnes, DH McDougal. (2014). Leptin into the rostral ventral lateral medulla (RVLM) augments renal sympathetic nerve activity and blood pressure. Frontiers in Neuroscience, doi: 10.3389/fnins.2014.00232
- Shunsuke Koga, Ayako Kojima, Satoshi Kuwabara, Yasumasa Yoshiyama. (2014). Immunohistochemical analysis of tau phosphorylation and astroglial activation with enhanced leptin receptor expression in diet-induced obesity mouse hippocampus. Neuroscience Letters, Volume 571, Pages 11-16, doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2014.04.028
- J.M. Moreau, J. Ciriello. (2013). Effects of acute intermittent hypoxia on energy balance and hypothalamic feeding pathways. Neuroscience, Volume 253, Pages 350–360. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.09.007
- J. Ciriello, J.M. Moreau. Systemic administration of leptin potentiates the response of neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract to chemoreceptor activation in the rat. Neuroscience, Volume 229, Pages 88–99. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.10.065
- Weihong Pan, Hung Hsuchou, Germaine G. Cornelissen-Guillaume, Bhavvani Jayaram, Yuping Wang, Hong Tu, Franz Halberg, Xiaojun Wu, Streamson C. Chua Jr., and Abba J. Kastin. (2012). Endothelial leptin receptor mutation provides partial resistance to diet-induced obesity. Journal of Applied Physiology, doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00590.2011
- Maria J. Barnes, Richard C. Rogers, Montina J. Van Meter and Gerlinda E. Hermann. (2010). Co-localization of TRHR1 and LepRb receptors on neurons in the hindbrain of the rat. Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2010.07.094
- Pei Wang, Feng-Jiao Yang, Hui Du, Yun-Feng Guan, Tian-Ying Xu, Xue-Wen Xu, Ding-Feng Su, and Chao-Yu Miao. (2011). Involvement of Leptin Receptor Long Isoform (LepRb)-STAT3 Signaling Pathway in Brain Fat Mass– and Obesity-Associated(FTO) Downregulation during Energy Restriction. Molecular Medicine, doi: 10.2119/molmed.2010.00013
- Hung Hsuchou, Yi He, Abba J. Kastin, Hong Tu, Emily N. Markadakis, Richard C. Rogers, Paul B. Fossier, and Weihong Pan. (2009). Obesity induces functional astrocytic leptin receptors in hypothalamus. Brain, doi: 10.1093/brain/awp029
- C. Sachot, A. F. Bristow and G. N. Luheshi. (2007). The Role of the Vagus Nerve in Mediating the Long-Term Anorectic Effects of Leptin. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, 19 (4), 250–261. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2826.2006.01528.x
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products