Three types of opioid receptors have been cloned -- mu, delta, and kappa. Opioid receptors are seven transmembrane G-protein coupled receptors. They share a high degree of homology and are most divergent at the N- and C-termini. Activation of mu opioid receptors leads to a decrease in neuronal excitability.
- Product ReviewsGreat customer service and quick delivery. They promptly emailed us a receipt after a phone call and followed up on our order. Product Name: Mu opioid receptor, Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10106) http://bit.ly/19hV0g2 Organization: Stanford UniversityChaudy S. - Apr 19, 2016 - Rating: 5.0The antibody we purchased works exactly how we hoped. Product Name: Mu Opioid Receptor, guinea pig – (Cat# GP10106) http://bit.ly/19hV0g2 Organization: Penn State UniversityBrittany Ebersole - Dec 11, 2013 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Gloria Brunori, Oliver B Pelletier, Anna M Stauffer, and Janet D Robishaw. (2021). Selective Manipulation of G-Protein γ7 Subunit in Mice Provides New Insights into Striatal Control of Motor Behavior. Journal of Neuroscience, 1211-21. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1211-21.2021
- Akila Ram. (2021). The Periaqueductal Grey in Opioid Tolerance and Chronic Pain.Utah State University, Doctoral Dissertation
- Ting Zhang, Run Zhang, Biao Xu, Mengna Zhang, Qinqin Zhang, Ning Li, Yu Qiu, Dan Chen, Kangtai Xu, Jian Xiao, Nan Zhang, Quan Fang. (2021). Spinal Endomorphins Attenuate Burn-Injury Pain in Male Mice by Inhibiting p38 MAPK Signaling Pathway Through the Mu-Opioid Receptor. European Journal of Pharmacology, 174139. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2021.174139
- Ting Zhang, Weidong Zhao, Mengna Zhang, Biao Xu, Xuerui Shia, Qinqin Zhang, Yuanyuan Guo, Jian Xiao, Dan Chen, Ting Zheng, Quan Fang. (2018). Analgesic activities of the mixed opioid and NPFF receptors agonist DN-9 in a mouse model of formalin-induced orofacial inflammatory pain. Peptides. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peptides.2018.10.010
- Kazuya Hagimoto, Saki Takami, Fujio Murakami, Yasuto Tanabe. (2016). Distinct Migratory Behaviors of Striosome and Matrix Cells Underlying the Mosaic Formation in the Developing Striatum. The Journal of Comparative Neurology, doi: 10.1002/cne.24096
- Ying-Biao Chen, Fen-Sheng Huang, Ban Fen, Jun-Bin Yin, Wei Wang and Yun-Qing. (2015). Inhibitory effects of endomorphin-2 on excitatory synaptic transmission and the neuronal excitability of sacral parasympathetic preganglionic neurons in young rat. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, doi: 10.3389/fncel.2015.00206
- J. Desroches, J.-F. Bouchard, L. Gendron, P. Beaulieu. (2014). Involvement of cannabinoid receptors in peripheral and spinal morphine analgesia. Neuroscience, Volume 261, Pages 23–42. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.12.030
- Shao-Qiu Hea, Fei Yanga, Federico M. Perezb, Qian Xua, Ronen Shechtera, Yong-Kwan Cheong, Alene F. Carteret, Xinzhong Dong, Sarah M. Sweitzer, Srinivasa N. Raja, Yun Guan. (2013). Tolerance to the anti-allodynic effects of the peripherally acting opioid, loperamide hydrochloride, develops in nerve-injured rats. PAIN, doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2013.07.023
- Rounak Nassirpour, Laia Bahima, Arnaud L. Lalive, Christian Lüscher, Rafael Luján, and Paul A. Slesinger. (2010). Morphine- and CaMKII-Dependent Enhancement of GIRK Channel Signaling in Hippocampal Neurons. J. Neurosci., Oct 2010; 30: 13419 - 13430. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2966-10.2010
- Tara A. Macey, Janet D. Lowe, and Charles Chavkin. (2006). Mu Opioid Receptor Activation of ERK1/2 Is GRK3 and Arrestin Dependent in Striatal Neurons. J Biol Chem, doi: 10.1074/jbc.M60427820
Product Patent Application
- G. Scherrer, V. Tawfik, G. Corder. (2018). Methods for Attenuating or Preventing Mu-Opioid Receptor Mediated Tolerance and Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia. United States Patent Application 20180214442.
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products