Dynorphin peptides are members of the opioid peptide family and contain the canonical opioid sequence Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe. These peptides are derived from prodynorphin and include dynorphin A, dynorphin B and alpha neo-endorphin. Of the opioid peptides, the dynorphins have the highest affinity for the kappa opioid receptor. They are found distributed throughout the nervous system and play a role in many physiological functions.
- Product ReviewsEverything went smoothly! Product Name: proDynorphin (rat), Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10110) http://bit.ly/Sw4RJ9 Organization: University of Texas - Austinsimone - Jan 27, 2017 - Rating: 5.0Product shipped timely and in secured conditions to ensure antibody viability. We are currently optimizing a protocol with their guinea pig anti-prodynorphin primary antibody. I am happy to revisit Neuromics for future research needs. Product Name: proDynorphin (rat), Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10110) http://bit.ly/Sw4RJ9 Organization: Temple UniversitySteven J Simmons - Feb 05, 2016 - Rating: 5.0Very nice antibody and ordering is very easy usin the website. Product Name: proDynorphin (rat), Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10110) http://bit.ly/Sw4RJ9 Organization: Rosalind Franklin UniversityGina Dejoseph - Oct 07, 2015 - Rating: 5.0Good order service. Quick delivery. Easy order from website. Product Name: proDynorphin (rat), Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10110) http://bit.ly/Sw4RJ9 Organization: OHSURubing Xing - Oct 02, 2015 - Rating: 5.0We had good experience with your company Product Name: proDynorphin (rat), Guinea Pig – (Cat# GP10110) http://bit.ly/Sw4RJ9 Organization: NIH/NIDAHui - Jul 25, 2014 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- S. Garcia-Cerro, S. Mas, A. Gortat, C. Sindreu, A. Martinez-Pinteno, F. Marmol, D. Boloc, N. Rodriguez, P. Gasso, A. Lafuente. (2018). Different Modulation of Rps6 Phosphorylation by Risperidone in Striatal Cells Sub Populations: Involvement of the mTOR Pathway in Antipsychotic-Induced Extrapyramidal Symptoms in Mice. Neuropsychiatry, Vol. 8, Issue 3. doi: 10.4172/neuropsychiatry.1000436
- T.A. Retson, E.J. Van Bockstaele. (2013). Coordinate regulation of noradrenergic and serotonergic brain regions by amygdalar neurons. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. Journal of Chemical Neuoanatomy, doi: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2013.04.003
- M. Luisa Laorden, Szilamér Ferenczi, Bernadett Pintér-Kübler, Laura L. González-Martín, M. Carmen Lasheras, Krisztina J. Kovács, M. Victoria Milanés, Cristina Núñez. (2012). Hypothalamic Orexin-A Neurons Are Involved in the Response of the Brain Stress System to Morphine Withdrawal. PLoS ONE, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0036871
- B.A.S. Reyes, A.F. Carvalho, K. Vakharia. and E.J. Van Bockstaele. (2011). Amygdalar peptidergic circuits regulating noradrenergic locus coeruleus neurons: Linking limbic and arousal centers. Experimental Neurology, doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2011.04.001
- Wulf Haubensak, Prabhat S. Kunwar, Haijiang Cai1, Stephane Ciocchi, Nicholas R. Wall, Ravikumar Ponnusamy, Jonathan Biag, Hong-Wei Dong, Karl Deisseroth, Edward M. Callaway, Michael S. Fanselow, Andreas Lüthi & David J. Anderson. (2010). Genetic dissection of an amygdala microcircuit that gates conditioned fear. Nature, 468, 270-276. doi: 10.1038/nature09553
- Melissa L. Perreault, Ahmed Hasbi, Mohammed Alijaniaram, Theresa Fan, George Varghese, Paul J. Fletcher, Philip Seeman, Brian F. O'Dowd, and Susan R. George. (2010). The Dopamine D1-D2 Receptor Heteromer Localizes in Dynorphin/Enkephalin Neurons: INCREASED HIGH AFFINITY STATE FOLLOWING AMPHETAMINE AND IN SCHIZOPHRENIA. J. Biol. Chem., 285: 36625 - 36634. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M110.159954
- Cristina Núñez, Fátima Martín, Anna Földes, M. Luisa Laorden, Krisztina J. Kovács, M. Victoria Milanés. (2010). Induction of FosB/ΔFosB in the brain stress system-related structures during morphine dependence and withdrawal. Journal of Neurochemistry, doi: 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2010.06765.x
- N. Maolood and B. Meister. (2009). Nociceptin/Orphanin FQ Peptide in Hypothalamic Neurones Associated with the Control of Feeding Behaviour. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, Volume 22 Issue 2, Pages 75 - 82. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2826.2009.01946.x
- Chris Lough, Tracey Young, Renee Parker, Shannon Wittenauer and Michelle Vincler. (2007). Increased spinal dynorphin contributes to chronic nicotine-induced mechanical hypersensitivity in the rat. Neuroscience Letters, doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2007.06.002
- Kyle G. Halvorson, BA, Molly A. Sevcik, BA, Joseph R. Ghilardi, BS, BA, Lucy J. Sullivan, BA, Nathan J. Koewler, BS, Frieder Bauss, PhD, and Patrick W. Mantyh, PhD. (2008). Intravenous Ibandronate Rapidly Reduces Pain, Neurochemical Indices of Central Sensitization, Tumor Burden, and Skeletal Destruction in a Mouse Model of Bone Cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage, doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2007.10.005
- Xiaying Zhua, Michelle A. Vincler, Renee Parker and James C. Eisenach. (2006). Spinal cord dynorphin expression increases, but does not drive microglial prostaglandin production or mechanical hypersensitivity after incisional surgery in rats. PAIN, doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2006.04.027
- Gardell LR, Wang R, Ehrenfels C, Ossipov MH, Rossimando AJ, Miller S, Buckley C, Cai AK, Tse A, Foley SF, Gong B, Walua L, Carmillo P, Worley D, Huang C, Engbeer T, Pepinsky B, Cate RL, Vanderah TW, Lai J, Sah DWY, Porreca F. (2003). Multiple actions of systemic artemin in experimental neuropathy. Nature, Med. 9: 1383-1389. doi: 10.1038/nm944
- Sabino MC, Ghilardi JR, Jongen JLM, Keyser CP, Luger NM, Mach DB, Peters CM, Rogers SD, Schwei MJ, de Felipe C, Mantyh PW. (2002). Simultaneous Reduction in Cancer Pain, Bone Destruction, and Tumor Growth by Selective Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase-2. Cancer Resear., 62:7343-7349.
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products