HRMECs were initiated by elutriation from dissociated normal human retinal tissue. Passage 3 cells are shipped frozen. ENDO-Growth medium is recommended for culture. Cells have an average additional population doubling levels >16 when cultured.
Characterization of the cells
HRMECs are negative for HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma.
Cells are prepared and manufactured in an ISO 9001:2015 certified environment and ISO 5 cleanroom.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Yong Yao Xu, Michael Twarog, Ning Li, Angela Banks, Josh Schustak, Yi Bao, Qian Huang, and Quintus Medley. (2022). Zinc Transport from the Endoplasmic Reticulum to the Cytoplasm via Zip7 is Necessary for Barrier Dysfunction Mediated by Inflammatory Signaling in RPE Cells. PLoS ONE 17(7): e0271656. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0271656
- A. Gericke, K. Suminska-Jasinska, and A. Breborowicz. (2021). Sulodexide Reduces Glucose Induced Senescence in Human Retinal Endothelial Cells. Scientific Reports, 11:11532. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-90987-w
- Fei Cai, Huanzong Jiang, Yan Li, Qin Li, and Chao Yang. (2021). Up-Regulation of Long Non-Coding RNA SNHG16 Promotes Diabetes-Related Retinal Microvascular Endothelial Cell Dysfunction via Activating NF-κB and PI3K/AKT Pathways. Molecular Therapy: Nucleic Acid. doi: 10.1016/j.omtn.2021.01.035
- A. P. Da Cunha, Q. Zhang, M. Prentiss, X. Q. Wu, V. Kainz, Y. Y. Xu, J. Vrouvlianis, H. Li, N. Rangaswamy, B. Leehy, T. L. McGee, C. L. Bell, C. E. Bigelow, V. Kansara, Q. Medley, Q. Huang & H. Y. Wu. The Hierarchy of Proinflammatory Cytokines in Ocular Inflammation. Current Eye Research, Volume 43, 2018 - Issue 4 Published Online: 04 Dec 2017
- Odunayo O. Mugisho, Colin R. Green, Jie Zhang, Nicolette Binz, Monica L. Acosta, Elizabeth Rakoczy and Ilva D. Rupentha. (2017). Immunohistochemical Characterization of Connexin43 Expression in a Mouse Model of Diabetic Retinopathy and in Human Donor Retinas. Int. J. Mol. Sci. doi: 10.3390/ijms18122567
- Michael Anthony Ruiz, Biao Feng, and Subrata Chakrabarti. (2015). Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 Regulates MiR-200b in Retinal Endothelial Cells: Potential Relevance in Diabetic Retinopathy. PLoS One.10(4): e0123987. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0123987.
Product Patent Application
- Pam Tsuruda, Jill Hopkins, Harry Sweigard, Yan Poon, Jamie Dananberg, Daniel Marquess, and Nathaniel David. (2020). Methods of Inhibiting Pathological Angiogenesis. United States Patent Application 20200253991
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products