Human Brain Microvascular Astroctyes were initiated by elutriation from dissociated normal human brain cortical tissues. HBAs are shipped at passage 1 on dry ice in a vial (or in a proliferation culture - catalog number: HMP202-T25). Astrocyte-Growth medium containing 5% fetal bovine serum and growth supplement is recommended for culture. Cells have an average additional population doubling levels >10 when cultured. Cells are isolated from healthy non-fetal donors.
- Product ReviewsWe've purchased cells and media from Neuromics for our work. We had a couple of issues with shipping and packaging and it was handled directly by their customer service and support which was excellent. Their products are doing well for us so far.alia mal - Aug 05, 2019 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Sorel Kurbegovic, Karina Juhl, Kasper Kildegaard Sorensen, Julie Leth, Gro Linno Willemoe, Anders Christensen, Yvonne Adams, Anja Ramstedt Jensen, Christian Von Buchwald, Jane Skjoth-Rasmussen, Michael Ploug, Knud J. Jensen, Andreas Kjaer. (2021). IRDye800CW Labeled uPAR-Targeting Peptide for Fluorescence-Guided Glioblastoma Surgery: Preclinical Studies in Orthotopic Xenografts.Theranostics, 11(15): 7159-7174. doi: 10.7150/thno.49787
- Yvonne Adams, Rebecca W. Olsen, Anja Bengtsson, Nanna Dalgaard, Mykola Zdioruk, Sanghamitra Satpathi, Prativa K. Behera, Praveen K. Sahu, Sean E. Lawler, Klaus Qvortrup, Samuel C. Wassmer, and Anja T.R. Jensen. (2021). Plasmodium Falciparum Erythrocyte Membrane Protein 1 Variants Induce Cell Swelling and Disrupt the Blood–Brain Barrier in Cerebral Malaria. Journal of Experimental Medicine, 218 (3). doi: 10.1084/jem.20201266
- Yang Wu, Yan Li, Liangqing Zheng, Pengcheng Wang, Yan liu, Yongning Wu, ZhiYong Gonga (2019). The neurotoxicity of Nε-(carboxymethyl)lysine in food processing by a study based on animal and organotypic cell culture. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2019.110077
- Ece Bayir, M. Mert Celtikoglu, Aylin Sendemir. (2018). The use of bacterial cellulose as a basement membrane improves the plausibility of the static in vitro blood-brain barrier model. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.12.257
- Anders Lundin, Louise Delsing, Maryam Clausen, Piero Ricchiuto, José Sanchez, Alan Sabirsh, Mei Ding, Jane Synnergren, Henrik Zetterberg, Gabriella Brolén, Ryan Hicks, Anna Herland, and Anna Falk. (2018). Human iPS-Derived Astroglia from a Stable Neural Precursor State Show Improved Functionality Compared with Conventional Astrocytic Models. Stem Cell Reports. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stemcr.2018.01.021
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products