Acidic fibroblast growth factor is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members possess broad mitogenic and cell survival activities, and are involved in a variety of biological processes, including embryonic development, cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, tumor growth and invasion. This protein functions as a modifier of endothelial cell migration and proliferation, as well as an angiogenic factor. It acts as a mitogen for a variety of mesoderm- and neuroectoderm-derived cells in vitro, thus is thought to be involved in organogenesis.
Three alternatively spliced variants encoding different isoforms have been described. The heparin-binding growth factors are angiogenic agents in vivo and are potent mitogens for a variety of cell types in vitro. There are differences in the tissue distribution and concentration of these 2 growth factors.
1. Novel inhibitor for fibroblast growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2007 Jun 26;
2. A nuclear export sequence located on a beta -strand in fibroblast growth factor-1.J Biol Chem 2007 Jul 6;
3. Microarray analyses of transdifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells.J Cell Biochem 2007 Jul 3;
4. Selective over-expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 4 in clinical prostate cancer. J Pathol 2007 Jul 2;
5. Unconventional secretion: an extracellular trap for export of fibroblast growth factor 2. J Cell Sci 2007 Jul 15;120(Pt 14):2295-9
6. Follicle stimulating hormone and fibroblast growth factor-2 interact and promote goat primordial follicle development in vitro. Reprod Fertil Dev 2007;19(5):677-84
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size FGF (154), basic PR29000 1 mg FGF (154), basic PR29000 10 ug FGF (154), basic PR29000 50 ug FGF basic (146 aa) PR15002 25 ug FGF basic (146 aa), carrier-free PR15002CF 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa) PR15003 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa), carrier-free PR15003CF 25 ug FGF-1, acidic, Sf9 PR27012 10 ug FGF-1, acidic, Sf9 PR27012 2 ug FGF-19 PR27019 25 ug FGF-19 PR27019 5 ug FGF-2 PR27016 10 ug FGF-2 PR27016 2 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 10 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 50 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 10 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 50 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 10 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 2 ug FGF-22 PR27021 10 ug FGF-22 PR27021 2 ug FGF-8b PR15004 25 ug FGF-8b, carrier-free PR15004CF 25 ug FGF-8c PR15017 25 ug FGF-8c, carrier-free PR15017CF 25 ug FGF-9 PR27017 2 ug FGF-9 PR27017 20 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 10 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 2 ug FGF-basic/FGF2 (146aa) GMP, CF PR15116CF 25 ug IL-6 PR15059 5 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 10 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 100 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 50 ug KGF Human PR27047 10 ug KGF Human PR27047 2 ug KGF-2 PR27048 25 ug KGF-2 PR27048 5 ug