Acidic fibroblast growth factor is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members possess broad mitogenic and cell survival activities, and are involved in a variety of biological processes, including embryonic development, cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, tumor growth and invasion. This protein functions as a modifier of endothelial cell migration and proliferation, as well as an angiogenic factor. It acts as a mitogen for a variety of mesoderm- and neuroectoderm-derived cells in vitro, thus is thought to be involved in organogenesis.
Image: FGF1, Sf9 insect derived protein structure and sequence
1. Acidic FGF enhances functional regeneration of adult dorsal roots. Life Sci 2004 Feb 27;74(15):1937-43
2. Locally reduced levels of acidic FGF lead to decreased expression of 28-kda calbindin and contribute to the selective vulnerability of the neurons in the entorhinal cortex in Alzheimer's disease. Neuropathology 2001 Sep;21(3):203-11
3. Influence of IN-1 antibody and acidic FGF-fibrin glue on the response of injured corticospinal tract axons to human Schwann cell grafts. J Neurosci Res 1997 Dec 1;50(5):888-905
4. Acidic FGF regulation of hyperproliferation of fibroblasts in human autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Biochem Mol Med 1997 Aug;61(2):178-91
5. Effect of basic (FGF-2) and acidic (FGF-1) fibroblast growth factors on early haemopoietic cell development. Br J Haematol 1996 Jun;93(4):772-82
6. Acidic FGF induces NGF and its mRNA in the injured neocortex of adult animals. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 1995 Oct;33(1):1-6
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size FGF (154), basic PR29000 1 mg FGF (154), basic PR29000 10 ug FGF (154), basic PR29000 50 ug FGF basic (146 aa) PR15002 25 ug FGF basic (146 aa), carrier-free PR15002CF 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa) PR15003 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa), carrier-free PR15003CF 25 ug FGF-1, acidic PR27011 10 ug FGF-1, acidic PR27011 50 ug FGF-19 PR27019 25 ug FGF-19 PR27019 5 ug FGF-2 PR27016 10 ug FGF-2 PR27016 2 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 10 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 50 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 10 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 50 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 10 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 2 ug FGF-22 PR27021 10 ug FGF-22 PR27021 2 ug FGF-8b PR15004 25 ug FGF-8b, carrier-free PR15004CF 25 ug FGF-8c PR15017 25 ug FGF-8c, carrier-free PR15017CF 25 ug FGF-9 PR27017 2 ug FGF-9 PR27017 20 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 10 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 2 ug FGF-basic/FGF2 (146aa) GMP, CF PR15116CF 25 ug IL-6 PR15059 5 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 10 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 100 ug ISOKine-bFGF PR80001 50 ug KGF Human PR27047 10 ug KGF Human PR27047 2 ug KGF-2 PR27048 25 ug KGF-2 PR27048 5 ug