GDNF promotes the survival and differentiation of dopaminergic neurons in culture, and is able to prevent apoptosis of motor neurons induced by axotomy. The encoded protein is processed to a mature secreted form that exists as a homodimer. The mature form of the protein is a ligand for the product of the RET (rearranged during transfection) protooncogene. In addition to the transcript encoding GDNF, two additional alternative transcripts encoding distinct proteins, referred to as astrocyte-derived trophic factors, have also been described. Mutations in this gene may be associated with Hirschsprung disease. GDNF enhances survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons and increases their high-affinity dopamine uptake.
1. Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) prevents ethanol (EtOH) induced B92 glial cell death by both PI3K/AKT and MEK/ERK signaling pathways. Brain Res Bull 2006 Dec 11;71(1-3):116-26
2. Glial-derived neurotrophic factor modulates enteric neuronal survival and proliferation through neuropeptide Y. Gastroenterology 2006 Oct;131(4):1164-78
3. MRI volumetric and intensity analysis of the cerebellum in Parkinson's disease patients infused with glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF).Exp Neurol 2006 Apr;198(2):450-6
4. Ischemia-related changes of glial-derived neurotrophic factor and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in the hippocampus: their possible correlation in astrocytes. Brain Res 2006 Feb 9;1072(1):215-23
5. Delivery of sonic hedgehog or glial derived neurotrophic factor to dopamine-rich grafts in a rat model of Parkinson's disease using adenoviral vectors Increased yield of dopamine cells is dependent on embryonic donor age. Brain Res Bull 2005 Dec 15;68(1-2):31-41
6. Effects of fibroblast growth factor and glial-derived neurotrophic factor on akinesia, F-DOPA uptake and dopamine cells in parkinsonian primates.Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2002 Jun;8(5):311-23.
- Product ReviewsExcellent products! Reagents works well. I’ll keep ordering my reagents here.Karla P. Ramos - Aug 11, 2018 - Rating: 5.0Great and fast service Got the product in a prompt manner! Product Name: Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, 10 ug. Recombinant human BDNF, 5 ug Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignYongdeok Kim - Sep 13, 2017 - Rating: 5.0Neuromics provided very good customer service and support. I ordered their GFP+ Primary Motor Neuron Kit for testing. Unique product that fit our needs perfectly. Highly recommended! Product Name: Mouse Motor Neurons-GFP+ – (Cat# mMN7205-HTS) http://bit.ly/1QvvJFK GDNF (Human, Mouse), recombinant protein – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: Aquinnah – LabCentralTara Vanderweyde - Dec 18, 2015 - Rating: 5.0I ordered their product PR27022-10 Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, 10 ug. The product was delayed and I was promptly informed of the new shipping updates. Overall service was reliable and fast. Product Name: GDNF – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: City College of New YorkTanya - Jul 29, 2014 - Rating: 4.0Fast shipping Product Name: Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: University of IllinoisCaroline - Feb 07, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Artemin PR27091 20 ug Artemin PR27091 5 ug GDNF PR29004 1 mg GDNF PR29004 10 ug GDNF PR29004 100 ug GDNF PR29004 2 ug GDNF (Glial Cell Line-derived Neurotrophic Factor) GMP, CF PR15130CF 10 ug GDNF (Rat) PR15008 10 ug GDNF (Rat) PR15008 50 ug GDNF (Rat), Carrier Free PR15008CF 10 ug GDNF (Rat), Carrier Free PR15008CF 50 ug