GDNF promotes the survival and differentiation of dopaminergic neurons in culture, and is able to prevent apoptosis of motor neurons induced by axotomy. The encoded protein is processed to a mature secreted form that exists as a homodimer. The mature form of the protein is a ligand for the product of the RET (rearranged during transfection) protooncogene. In addition to the transcript encoding GDNF, two additional alternative transcripts encoding distinct proteins, referred to as astrocyte-derived trophic factors, have also been described. Mutations in this gene may be associated with Hirschsprung disease. GDNF enhances survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons and increases their high-affinity dopamine uptake.
1. Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) prevents ethanol (EtOH) induced B92 glial cell death by both PI3K/AKT and MEK/ERK signaling pathways. Brain Res Bull 2006 Dec 11;71(1-3):116-26
2. Glial-derived neurotrophic factor modulates enteric neuronal survival and proliferation through neuropeptide Y. Gastroenterology 2006 Oct;131(4):1164-78
3. MRI volumetric and intensity analysis of the cerebellum in Parkinson's disease patients infused with glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF).Exp Neurol 2006 Apr;198(2):450-6
4. Ischemia-related changes of glial-derived neurotrophic factor and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in the hippocampus: their possible correlation in astrocytes. Brain Res 2006 Feb 9;1072(1):215-23
5. Delivery of sonic hedgehog or glial derived neurotrophic factor to dopamine-rich grafts in a rat model of Parkinson's disease using adenoviral vectors Increased yield of dopamine cells is dependent on embryonic donor age. Brain Res Bull 2005 Dec 15;68(1-2):31-41
6. Effects of fibroblast growth factor and glial-derived neurotrophic factor on akinesia, F-DOPA uptake and dopamine cells in parkinsonian primates.Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2002 Jun;8(5):311-23.
- Product ReviewsWe ordered growth factors for stem cell differentiation. The products came quickly and smoothly.Richard Sam - Apr 18, 2019 - Rating: 5.0Excellent products! Reagents works well. I’ll keep ordering my reagents here.Karla P. Ramos - Aug 11, 2018 - Rating: 5.0Great and fast service Got the product in a prompt manner! Product Name: Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, 10 ug. Recombinant human BDNF, 5 ug Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignYongdeok Kim - Sep 13, 2017 - Rating: 5.0Neuromics provided very good customer service and support. I ordered their GFP+ Primary Motor Neuron Kit for testing. Unique product that fit our needs perfectly. Highly recommended! Product Name: Mouse Motor Neurons-GFP+ – (Cat# mMN7205-HTS) http://bit.ly/1QvvJFK GDNF (Human, Mouse), recombinant protein – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: Aquinnah – LabCentralTara Vanderweyde - Dec 18, 2015 - Rating: 5.0I ordered their product PR27022-10 Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, 10 ug. The product was delayed and I was promptly informed of the new shipping updates. Overall service was reliable and fast. Product Name: GDNF – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: City College of New YorkTanya - Jul 29, 2014 - Rating: 4.0Fast shipping Product Name: Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor – (Cat# PR27022) http://bit.ly/1fF0kKu Organization: University of IllinoisCaroline - Feb 07, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products