FGF-basic (bFGF or FGF2) is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members are heparin-binding multifunctional proteins and are involved in a variety of biological processes including angiogenesis, wound healing, and embryonic development. FGF-basic is known to play a key role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of tissues by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-basic has been recognized as a critical component of human embryonic stem cell culture medium due to its vital role for cells to remain in an undifferentiated state. FGF-basic signals through FGFR 1b, 1c, 2c, 3c and 4. This recombinant human FGF-basic consists of 146 amino acid residues. In addition it contains a 10 aa tag at the N-terminus resulting in a 17.8 kDa protein.
Our ISOKineTM growth factors are produced in the endosperm tissue of barley grain (Hordeum vulgare), that exhibits up to 50 times less protease activity than E.coli or mammalian cells. Barley seed is void of any human or animal viral contaminants that could jeopardize your cell culture.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Yan Liang, Enaam Idrees, Alexander Szojka, Stephen Andrews, Melanie Kunze, Aillette Mulet-Sierra, Nadr Jomha, Adetola B. Adesida (2018). Chondrogenic Differentiation of Synovial Fluid Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Human Meniscus-Derived Decellularized Matrix Requires Exogenous Growth Factors. Acta Biomaterialia https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2018.09.038
- Tom Kamperman. (2018). Microgel Technology to Advance Modular Tissue Engineering. Dissertation. DOI: 10.3990/1.9789036544610
- Claas Willem Visser1, Tom Kamperman, Lisanne P. Karbaat, Detlef Lohse1 and Marcel Karperien. In-air microfluidics enables rapid fabrication of emulsions, suspensions, and 3D modular (bio)materials. Science Advances 31 Jan 2018: Vol. 4, no. 1, eaao1175 DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aao1175
- Tom Kamperman, Sieger Henke, Claas Willem Visser, Marcel Karperien, Jeroen Leijten. (2017). Centering Single Cells in Microgels via Delayed Crosslinking Supports Long-Term 3D Culture by Preventing Cell Escape. Small, doi: 10.1002/smll.201603711.
- Tom Kamperman ;Sieger Henke, Bram Zoetebier, Niels Ruiterkamp, Rong Wang, Behdad Pouran, Harrie Weinans, Marcel Karperien and Jeroen C.H. Leijten. (2017). Nanoemulsion-induced Enzymatic Crosslinking of Tyramine-functionalized Polymer Droplets. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, doi: 10.1039/C7TB00686A
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size FGF (154), basic PR29000 1 mg FGF (154), basic PR29000 10 ug FGF (154), basic PR29000 50 ug FGF basic (146 aa) PR15002 25 ug FGF basic (146 aa), carrier-free PR15002CF 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa) PR15003 25 ug FGF basic (157 aa), carrier-free PR15003CF 25 ug FGF-1, acidic PR27011 10 ug FGF-1, acidic PR27011 50 ug FGF-1, acidic, Sf9 PR27012 10 ug FGF-1, acidic, Sf9 PR27012 2 ug FGF-19 PR27019 25 ug FGF-19 PR27019 5 ug FGF-2 PR27016 10 ug FGF-2 PR27016 2 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 10 ug FGF-2 (Bovine) basic PR27015 50 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 10 ug FGF-2, basic PR27013 50 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 10 ug FGF-2, basic, Sf9 PR27014 2 ug FGF-22 PR27021 10 ug FGF-22 PR27021 2 ug FGF-8b PR15004 25 ug FGF-8b, carrier-free PR15004CF 25 ug FGF-8c PR15017 25 ug FGF-8c, carrier-free PR15017CF 25 ug FGF-9 PR27017 2 ug FGF-9 PR27017 20 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 10 ug FGF-9, mouse PR27018 2 ug FGF-basic/FGF2 (146aa) GMP, CF PR15116CF 25 ug IL-6 PR15059 5 ug KGF Human PR27047 10 ug KGF Human PR27047 2 ug KGF-2 PR27048 25 ug KGF-2 PR27048 5 ug