VR1 (vanilloid receptor 1) is a channel activated by capsaicin, the pungent ingredient in hot peppers. It was isolated from sensory neurons. Sequence analysis suggests that VR1 has six transmembrane domains and intracellular N- and C-termini. It shares structural similarities with the family of putative store-operated calcium channels. VR1 is expressed by nociceptive sensory neurons. It is activated by noxious heat and is thought to function as transducer of noxious thermal stimuli.
- Product ReviewsMy experience with Neuromics has been excellent. I requested the items and any issues were handled promptly and courteously. I received information from customer service quickly and received FedEx shipment updates without any problems. Thank you.Tawny Fowler - Feb 19, 2019 - Rating: 5.0Exceptionally helpful and competent technical support. Product Name: VR1 N-Terminus (TRPV1), rabbit – (Cat# RA10110) http://bit.ly/18EYmsV Organization: Midwestern UniversityCarleton Jones - Nov 18, 2013 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- David D. Kline, Sheng Wang, and Diana L. Kunze. (2019). TrpV1 channels contribute to spontaneous glutamate release in nucleus tractus solitarius (nTS) following chronic intermittent hypoxia (CIH). Journal of Neurophysiology. https://doi.org/10.1152/jn.00536.2018
- Yu S.-Q., Ma S., Wang D.H. (2018). Activation of TRPV1 Prevents Salt-Induced Kidney Damage and Hypertension After Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in Rats. Kidney and Blood Pressure Research, Vol. 43, No. 4, pg. 1285-1296. Doi: 10.1159/000492412
- Yang Yu, Xini Huang, Yuwei Di, Lintao Qu & Ni Fan. (2017). Effect of CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling on neuropathic pain after chronic compression of dorsal root ganglion. Scientific Reports, 7, Article number: 5707. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-05954-1
- Marina Quartu,Maria Pina Serra,Marianna Boi,Laura Poddighe, Cristina Picci,Roberto Demontis,and Marina Del Fiacco. (2016). TRPV1 receptor in the human trigeminal ganglion and spinal nucleus: immunohistochemical localization and comparison with the neuropeptides CGRP and SP. Journal of Anatomy, doi: 10.1111/joa.12529
- Krisztina Pohóczky, József Kun, Bálint Szalontai, Éva Szőke, Éva Sághy, Maja Payrits, Béla Kajtár, Krisztina Kovács, József László Környei, János Garai, András Garami, Anikó Perkecz, Levente Czeglédi and Zsuzsanna Helyes. (2015). Oestrogen-dependent up-regulation of TRPA1 and TRPV1 receptor proteins in the rat endometrium. J Mol Endocrinol, doi: 10.1530/JME-15-0184
- Souichi Kokubun, Tadasu Sato, Chikara Ogawa, Kai Kudo, Koju Goto, Yuki Fujii, Yoshinaka Shimizu, Hiroyuki Ichikawa. (2015). Distribution of TRPV1 and TRPV2 in the human stellate ganglion and spinal cord. Neuroscience Letters, doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2015.01.074
- Cai-hua Wu, Zheng-tao Lv, Yin Zhao, Yan Gao, Jia-qing Li, Fang Gao, Xian-fang Meng, Bo Tian, Jing Shi, Hui-lin Pan and Man Li. (2013). Electroacupuncture improves thermal and mechanical sensitivities in a rat model of postherpetic neuralgia. Molecular Pain, 9:18. doi: 10.1186/1744-8069-9-18
- J.L. Saloman, M.-K. Chung, J.Y. Ro. (2013). P2X3 and TRPV1 functionally interact and mediate sensitization of trigeminal sensory neurons. Neuroscience, Volume 232, Pages 226-238. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.11.015
- Leanne M. Ramer, A. Peter van Stolk, Jessica A. Inskip, Matt S. Ramer and Andrei V. Krassioukov. (2012). Plasticity of TRPV1-expressing sensory neurons mediating autonomic dysreflexia following spinal cord injury. Frontiers in Physiology, doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00257
- Lee, Jongseok; Saloman, Jami L.; Weiland, Gustave; Auh, Q-Schick; Chung, Man-Kyo; Ro, Jin Y. (2012). Functional interactions between NMDA receptors and TRPV1 in trigeminal sensory neurons mediate mechanical hyperalgesia in the rat masseter muscle. PAIN, 153 (7), p.1514-1524. doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2012.04.015
- Lintao Qua, Pu Zhang, Robert H. LaMotte and Chao Ma. (2011). Neuronal Fc-gamma receptor I mediated excitatory effects of IgG immune complex on rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2011.04.008
- T. Wu, L. Song, X. Shi, Z. Jiang, J. Santos-Sacchi and A.L. Nuttal. (2011). Effect of capsaicin on potassium conductance and electromotility of guinea pig outer hair cell. Hearing Research, doi: 10.1016/j.heares.2010.10.010
- Muthu D. Bhaskaran and Bret N. Smith. (2010). Effects of TRPV1 activation on synaptic excitation in the dentate gyrus of a mouse model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Experimental Neurology, doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2010.01.021
- Sonia K Bhangoo, Matthew S Ripsch, David J Buchanan, Richard J Miller and Fletcher A White. (2009). Increased chemokine signaling in a model of HIV1-associated peripheral neuropathy. Molecular Pain, 5:48. doi: 10.1186/1744-8069-5-48
- Sacha A. Malin, Julie A. Christianson, Klaus Bielefeldt, and Brian M. Davis. (2009). TPRV1 Expression Defines Functionally Distinct Pelvic Colon Afferents. J. Neurosci., 29. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3791-08.2009
- Sefika C Mizrak, Bart M Gadella, Hatice Erdost, Aytekin Ozer, Ana MM van Pelt, Federica MF van Dissel-Emiliani. (2008). Spermatogonial stem cell sensitivity to capsaicin: An in vitro study. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 6:52, 743 - 752. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-6-52
- Alexander T. Stein, Carmen A. Ufret-Vincenty, Li Hua, Luis F. Santana, and Sharona E. Gordon. (2006). Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Binds to TRPV1 and Mediates NGF-stimulated TRPV1 Trafficking to the Plasma Membrane. The Journal of General Physiology, doi: 10.1085/jgp.200609576
- Sharif Naeini R, Witty MF, Seguela P, Bourque CW. (2006). An N-terminal variant of Trpv1 channel is required for osmosensory transduction. Nature Neuroscience, (1):93-8. doi: 10.1038/nn1614
- Aoki Y, Ohtori S, Takahashi K, Ino H, Douya H, Ozawa T, Saito T, and Moriya H. (2005). Expression and Co-Expression of VR1, CGRP, and IB4-Binding Glycoprotein in Dorsal Root Ganglion Neurons in Rats: Differences Between the Disc Afferents and the Cutaneous Afferents. Spine, 30(13):1496-1500. doi: 10.1097/01.brs.0000167532.96540.31
- Labrakakis C, Tong C, Weissman T, Torsney C and MacDermott A. (2003). Localization and function of ATP and GABAA receptors expressed by nociceptors and other postnatal sensory neurons in rat. J Physiol, 549(1):131-142. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2002.031963
- Liapi A, and Wood JN. (2005). Extensive co-localization and heteromultimer formation of the vanilloid receptor-like protein TRPV2 and the capsaicin receptor TRPV1 in the adult rat cerebral cortex. Eur J Neurosci, 22(4):825. doi: 10.1111/j.1460-9568.2005.04270.x
- Nakatsuka T, Tsuzuki K, Ling JX, Sonobe H and Gu JG. (2003). Distinct Roles of P2X Receptors in Modulating Glutamate Release at Different Primary Sensory Synapses in Rat Spinal Cord. J Neurophys, 89: 3243-3252. doi: 10.1152/jn.01172.2002
- Rosenbaum T, Awaya M, and Gordon SE. (2002). Subunit modification and association in VR1 ion channels. BMC Neurosci, 3:4. doi: 10.1186/1471-2202-3-4
- Zahner MR, Li DP, Chen SR, and Pan HL. (2003). Cardiac vanilloid receptor 1-expressing afferent nerves and their role in the cardiogenic sympathetic reflex in rats. J Physiol, 551(2):515-523. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2003.048207
- Zimov S and Yazulla S. (2004). Localization of vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1/VR1)-like immunoreactivity in goldfish and zebrafish retinas: Restriction to photoreceptor synaptic ribbons. J Neurocytol, 33:441–452. doi: 10.1007/s11068-004-4209-3
- Zwick M, Davis BM, Woodbury CJ, Burkett JH, Koerber HR, Simpson JF, and Albers KM. (2002). Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor is a Survival Factor for Isolectin B4-Positive, but not Vanilloid Receptor 1-Positive, Neurons in the Mouse. J Neurosci, 22(10):4057-4065.
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products