Metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) are G-protein coupled receptors activated by glutamate. Based on sequence similarity, transduction mechanisms and agonist potencies, mGluRs are subdivided into three groups: mGluR1/mGluR5, mGluR2/mGluR3, and mGluR4/mGluR6/mGluR7/mGluR8. mGluRs are widely distributed throughout the nervous system and are expressed by both neurons and glial cells. mGluRs have been suggested to play a variety of functional roles, among which is involvement in synaptic plasticity underlying learning and memory as well as chronic pain.
- Product ReviewsGreat mGluR5 (rabbit) antibody. Product Name: mGlur5, Rabbit – (Cat# RA16100) http://bit.ly/XboXvh Organization: McMaster UniversityConnie - Jul 29, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Giselle Fernandes, Pradeep K. Mishra, Mohammad Sarfaraz Nawaz, Paul G. Donlin-Asp, Mohammed Mostafizur Rahman, Anupam Hazra, Sonal Kedia, Aiman Kayenaat, Dheeraj Songara, David J.A. Wyllie, Erin M. Schuman, Peter C. Kind, and Sumantra Chattarji. (2021). Correction of Amygdalar Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Fragile X Syndrome. Cell Reports, 37:2. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2021.109805
- Rohini Subrahmanyam, Deepanjali Dwivedi, Zubin Rashid, Katherine Bonnycastle, Michael Cousin, and Sumantra Chattarji. (2021). Reciprocal Regulation of Spontaneous Synaptic Vesicle Fusion by Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein and Group I Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors. Journal of Neurochemistry. doi: 10.1111/jnc.15484
- Arthur M. Butt, Ilaria Vanzulli, Maria Papanikolaou, Irene Chacon De La Rocha, Virginia E. Hawkins. (2017). Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors Protect Oligodendrocytes from Acute Ischemia in the Mouse Optic Nerve. Neurochem Res, doi: 10.1007/s11064-017-2220-1
- Talakad G Lohith, Emily K Osterweil,Masahiro Fujita, Kimberly J Jenko,Mark F Bear and Robert B Innis. (2013). Is metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 upregulated in prefrontal cortex in fragile X syndrome? Molecular Autism, 20134:15. doi: 10.1186/2040-2392-4-15
- Ilaria Vanzulli, Arthur M. Butt. (2015). mGluR5 protect astrocytes from ischemic damage in postnatal CNS white matter. Cell Calcium, doi: 10.1016/j.ceca.2015.06.010
- Anna Francesconi, Ranju Kumari, R. Suzanne Zukin, and Dominick P. Purpura. (2009). Regulation of Group I mGluR Trafficking and Signaling by the Caveolar/Lipid Raft Pathway. J Neurosci., 29(11): 3590–3602. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5824-08.2009
- Besheer J, Hodge CW. (2005). Pharmacological and anatomical evidence for an interaction between mGluR5- and GABA(A) alpha1-containing receptors in the discriminative stimulus effects of ethanol. Neuropsychopharmacology, 30(4):747-57. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300616
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products