Shank is a novel family of postsynaptic density proteins (PSD) that bind to PSD-95-associated protein GKAP. Its putative function is to act as a scaffold protein in the PSD to cross-link NMDA receptors/PSD-95 complexes and couple them to regulators of the actin cytoskeleton. Shank1a is a splice variant of Shank1.
Shank1 A has also been found to be associated with L-type Ca2+ channels. Olson et al., J Neurosci. 2005, 25:1050-62; Zhang et al., J Neurosci. 2005, 25:1037-49) the same channels used by photoreceptors for transmitter release.
- Product Reviewseasy to order, get the right item and no delay. Thanks Neuromics. Product Name: SHANK1a C-terminus, Rabbit – (Cat# RA19016) http://bit.ly/1iZa4oV Organization: Johns Hopkins UniversityArij Cabrerachakir - Mar 19, 2015 - Rating: 4.0We are using antibodies for synaptic markers in the maturating inner ear. SHANK1 antibody from Neuromics one of the best markers for postsynaptic zone that are available and we are using this antibody a lot for two years now. Quality of antibodies also combines with fantastic service from the staff. Thank you! Product Name: SHANK1a C-Terminus (Cat# RA19016) http://bit.ly/1iZa4oV Organization: Stanford UniversityDiana Mendus - Oct 23, 2013 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Zhirong Wang, Johnny S. Jung, Talya C. Inbar, Katherine M. Rangoussis, Christian Faaborg-Andersen, and Thomas M. Coate. (2020). The Purinergic Receptor P2rx3 is Required for Spiral Ganglion Neuron Branch Refinement During Development. eNeuro. doi: 10.1523/ENEURO.0179-20.2020
- Daniel O.J. Reijntjes, Christine Koppl, and Sonja J. Pyott. (2020). Volume Gradients in Inner Hair Cell-Auditory Nerve Fiber Pre- and Postsynaptic Proteins Differ Across Mouse Strains. Hearing Research. doi: 10.1016/j.heares.2020.107933
- Hanan Al‐Moyed, Andreia P Cepeda, SangYong Jung, Tobias Moser, Sebastian Kügler, Ellen Reisinger. (2018). A dual‐AAV approach restores fast exocytosis and partially rescues auditory function in deaf otoferlin knock‐out mice. Molecular Medicine. Volume 10, Issue 12. DOI 10.15252/emmm.201809396
- David R. Sultemeier, Kristel R. Choy, Felix E Schweizer, Larry F. Hoffman. (2017). Spaceflight-induced synaptic modifications within hair cells of the mammalian utricle. Journal of Neurophysiology, doi: 10.1152/jn.00240.2016
- Salvatore L. Stella Jr, Alejandro Vila, Albert Y. Hung, Michael E. Rome, Uyenchi Huynh, Morgan Sheng, Hans-Juergen Kreienkamp, Nicholas C. Brecha. (2012). Association of Shank 1A Scaffolding Protein with Cone Photoreceptor Terminals in the Mammalian Retina. PLoS ONE 7(9): e43463. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0043463
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Bradykinin Receptor B2 RA14137 100 ul CADM1/SynCAM RA25084 100 ul Calbindin CH22118 100 ul Calbindin MO20016 100 ug Calreticulin MO22164 100 ul Calretinin CH22116 100 ul Calretinin MO20024 100 ul Calretinin MO22166 100 ul Calretinin (IgG1) MO22165 100 ul CaMKII2A GT41019 100 ug EpCAM (Epithelial Cell Adhesion Molecule)/Epithelial Specific Antigen MO47063 100 ul MARCKS (Myristoylated Alanine Rich C Kinase Substrate) RA22111 100 ul Neurogranin precursor GT41024 100 ug phospho-Synapsin (Ser9) RA18009 100 ul S-100 MO47059 100 ul SHANK1a N-Terminus RA19015 100 ug Striatin RA25067 100 ul Synapsin RA18010 100 ul