Human GFAP is a 49,749 dalton protein (432 amino acids) expressed in astrocytes. GFAP is an intermediate filament protein and acts as an intracellular structural component of the cytoskeleton. During embryonic and fetal life, GFAP is also expressed by radial glial cells of the CNS. Various mutations of the GFAP gene in humans produce Alexander's disease, one of the leukodystrophies.
Antibodies to GFAP are therefore very useful as markers of astrocytic cells and neural stem cells. In addition many types of brain tumor, presumably derived from astrocytic cells, heavily express GFAP.
- Product ReviewsIt was great working with Neuromics. Pete was very helpful and very knowledgeable. Thanks for a great product (GFAP antibody) Product Name: Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP), Rabbit (Cat# RA22101) http://bit.ly/MSw6vc Organization: Case Western Reserve UniversityMadhu Ravikumar - Jul 27, 2014 - Rating: 5.0Excellent and quick delivery. Just wish the products could be a bit cheaper! Product Name: GFAP, Rabbit – (Cat# RA22101) http://bit.ly/MSw6vc Organization: Case Western Reserve UniversityKelsey - Jul 25, 2014 - Rating: 4.0I got my order in a good time frame and nothing was on back order. Have had nothing but good consistent results from Neuromics! Product Name: GFAP, Rabbit – (Cat# RA22101) http://bit.ly/MSw6vc Organization: Case Western Reserve UniversityKelsey - Feb 13, 2014 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- M. Vassilakopoulou, M. Won, W.J. Curran, L. Souhami, M.D. Prados, C.J. Langer, D.L. Rimm, J.A. Hanna, V.M. Neumeister, E. Melian, A.Z. Diaz, J.N. Atkins, L.T. Komarnicky, C.J. Schultz, S.P. Howard, P. Zhang, A.P. Dicker, and J.P.S. Knisely. (2021). BRCA1 Protein Expression Predicts Survival in Glioblastoma Patients from an NRG Oncology RTOG Cohort. Oncology: 1-9. doi: 10.1159/000516168
- Soo Jin Park, Uram Jin, and Sang Myun Park. (2021). Interaction Between Coxsackievirus B3 Infection and α-Synuclein in Parkinson’s Disease.Research Square. doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-145815/v1
- Rayul Wi, Young Cheul Chung, and Byung Kwan Jin. (2020). Functional Crosstalk Between CB and TRPV1 Receptors Protects Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic Neurons in the MPTP Model of Parkinson’s Disease. Journal of Immunology Research. doi: 10.1155/2020/5093493
- Hyun-Ju Lee, Hanwoong Woo, Ha-Eun Lee, Hyongjun Jeon, Ka-Young Ryu, Jin Han Nam, Seong Gak Jeon, Hyun Hee Park, Ji-Soo Lee, Kyung-Min Han, Sang Min Lee, Jeongyeon Kim, Ri-Jin Kang, Young-Ho Lee, Jae-Ick Kim, Hyang-Sook Hoe. (2020). The Novel DYRK1A Inhibitor KVN93 Regulates Cognitive Function, Amyloid-Beta Pathology, and Neuroinflammation. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2020.08.030
- Sora Kang, Ying Piao, Young Cheol Kang, Suyeol Lim, and Youngmi Kim Pak. (2020). Qi-Activating Quercetin Alleviates Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Neuroinflammation In Vivo and In Vitro. Archives of Pharmacal Research. doi: 10.1007/s12272-020-01238-x
- S. Jeon, S. Kim, S. Ha, S. Lee, E. Kim, S.Y. Kim, S.H. Park, J.H. Jeon, S.W. Kim, C. Moon, B.J. Nelson, J.Y. Kim, S.W. Yu, and H. Choi. (2019). Magnetically Actuated Microrobots as a Platform for Stem Cell Transplantation. Science Robotics, Vol. 4, Issue 30. doi: 10.1126/scirobotics.aav4317
- Abram Akopian, Sandeep Kumar, Hariharasubramanian Ramakrishnan, Kaushambi Roy, Suresh Viswanathan, and Stewart A. Bloomfield. (2017). Targeting neuronal gap junctions in mouse retina offers neuroprotection in glaucoma. J Clin Invest., doi: 10.1172/JCI91948
- Insup Choi, Dong-Joo Choi, Haijie Yang, Joo Hong Woo, Mi-Yoon Chang, Joo Yeon Kim, Woong Sun, Sang-Myun Park, Ilo Jou, Sang-Hun Lee and Eun-Hye Joe. (2016). PINK1 expression increases during brain development and stem cell differentiation, and affects the development of GFAP-positive astrocytes. Molecular Brain, 20169:5; doi: 10.1186/s13041-016-0186-6
- Wook Ha Park, Sora Kang, Ying Piao, Christine Jeehye Pak, Myung Sook Oh, Jinwoong Kim, Min Seo Kang, Youngmi Kim Pak. (2015). Ethanol extract of Bupleurum falcatum Linne and saikosaponins inhibit neuroinflammation via inhibition of NF-κB. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2015.07.039
- Madhumitha Ravikumara, Smrithi Sunila, James Black, Deborah S. Barkauskas, e, Alex Y. Haung, Robert H. Miller, Stephen M. Selkirk, Jeffrey R. Capadona. (2014). The roles of blood-derived macrophages and resident microglia in the neuroinflammatory response to implanted Intracortical microelectrodes. Biomaterials. Volume 35, Issue 28, September 2014, Pages 8049–8064. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.05.084
- Frances Y. Cheng, Xi Huang, Anuraag Sarangi, Tatiana Ketova, Michael K. Cooper, Ying Litingtung, Chin Chiang. (2012). Widespread Contribution of Gdf7 Lineage to Cerebellar Cell Types and Implications for Hedgehog-Driven Medulloblastoma Formation. PLoS ONE, 7(4): e35541. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0035541
- David J. Gifondorwa, Mac B. Robinson, Crystal D. Hayes, Anna R. Taylor, David M. Prevette, Ronald W. Oppenheim, James Caress, and Carolanne E. Milligan. (2007). Exogenous Delivery of Heat Shock Protein 70 Increases Lifespan in a Mouse Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The Journal of Neuroscience, doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4057-07.2007
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Aldehyde Dehydrogenase H1L1 (ALDH1L1) MO22155 100ul ALDH1L1 MO22143 100 ul ALDH1L1 RA22119 100 ul Aldolase C MO22135 100 ul Aldolase C MO22156 100 ul Aldolase C (C-terminus Specific) MO22157 100 ul ATPase Na+/K+ transporting alpha 1 MO25023 50 ul Beta-Tubulin MO22180 100 ug CD11b/c RA25012 100 ul Coronin 1a/p57 RA22108 100 ul Galectin-3 (LGAS3) MO22119 100 ul Galectin-3 Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody RA22131 100 ul GAP43 MO22118 100 ul GAP43 MO22170 100 µl GAP43 RA22115 100 ul GAP43 RA25086 100 ul GAP43 (IgG) MO22171 100 µl GDNF Receptor Alpha 3 RA30017 50 ug GFAP CH22102 100 ul GFAP MO22136 100 ul Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) MO22101 100 ul IBA1 Polyclonal Rabbit Antibody RA22133 100 ul PEA-15 MO22196 100 ul PEA-15 MO22197 100 ul PTEN-induced kinase/PINK1 RA19013 100 ul SOX-2/SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 2 MO47038 100 ul SRY (Sex Determining Region Y)-Box 11/SOX-11 MO47052 100 ul Survivin RA19022 100 ug Vimentin CH22108 100 ul Vimentin GT22103 100 ul Vimentin MO22115 100 ul Vimentin MO22179 100 ug Vimentin RA22124 100 ul of Serum xCT RA25026 100 ul