Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is present in C-cells of the thyroid and in central and peripheral nerves. CGRP has several important physiologic roles: it is a potent vasodilator, and can affect the force and rate of heart beat; it can modulate acetylcholine receptor function at the neuromuscular junction; it has been demonstrated to block tolerance to morphine; and it can modulate antigen presentation in Langerhans cells in the skin.
- Product ReviewsMy experience with Neuromics has been excellent. I requested the items and any issues were handled promptly and courteously. I received information from customer service quickly and received FedEx shipment updates without any problems. Thank you.Tawny Fowler - Feb 19, 2019 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Dongchang Xiao, Qinqin Deng, Yanan Guo, Xiuting Huang, Min Zou, Jiawei Zhong, Pinhong Rao, Zihui Xu, Yifan Liu, Youjin Hu, Yin Shen, Kangxin Jin, and Mengqing Xiang. (2020). Generation of Self-Organized Sensory Ganglion Organoids and Retinal Ganglion Cells from Fibroblasts. Science Advances, 6(22). doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aaz5858
- Elaine D. Por, Jae-Hyek Choi & Brian J. Lund. (2015). Low-Level Blast Exposure Increases Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) Expression in the Rat Cornea. Current Eye Research. doi: 10.3109/02713683.2015.1122812
- Custódio AH, de Lima MC, Vaccari B, Boer PA, Gontijo JAR. (2017). Renal sodium handling and blood pressure changes in gestational protein-restricted offspring: Role of renal nerves and ganglia neurokinin expression. PLoS ONE, 12(6): e0179499. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0179499
- Abeer W Saeed, Alfredo Ribeiro-da-Silva. (2012). Non-peptidergic primary afferents are presynaptic to neurokinin-1 receptor immunoreactive lamina I projection neurons in rat spinal cord. Molecular Pain, 8:64. doi: 10.1186/1744-8069-8-64
- Tong Liu, Temugin Berta, Zhen-Zhong Xu,Chul-Kyu Park,Ling Zhang, Ning Lü, Qin Liu, Yang Liu, Yong-Jing Gao, Yen-Chin Liu, Qiufu Ma, Xinzhong Dong, and Ru-Rong Ji. (2012). TLR3 deficiency impairs spinal cord synaptic transmission, central sensitization, and pruritus in mice. J Clin Invest., 122(6): 2195–2207. doi: 10.1172/JCI45414
- Dongsheng Wu, Wenlong Huang, Peter M. Richardson, John V. Priestley and Min Liu. (2007). TRPC4 IN RAT DORSAL ROOT GANGLION NEURONS IS INCREASED AFTER NERVE INJURY AND IS NECESSARY FOR NEURITE OUTGROWTH. J. Biol. Chem, doi: 10.1074/jbc.M703177200
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products