NO LONGER AVAILABLE—SEE RELATED PRODUCTS BELOW
Agouti-related Protein (AgRP), also known as the protein product of the agouti-related transcript (ART), is a neuropeptide and a functional antagonist of alpha-MSH on MC-3 and MC-4 receptors, both of which are implicated in obesity. AgRP shares sequence and structural homology with the Agouti protein and has similar expression patterns in both mouse and human.
It is also supsected to play a role in modulation of pain.
- Product Reviewsservice is good, shipping is timely. Product Name: Agouti-Related Protein, Goat – (Cat# GT15023) http://bit.ly/1pExiQT Organization: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterJia - Aug 14, 2014 - Rating: 4.0it was very good, especially sending me the tracking information so that I could have someone to keep an eye for it while I wasn't available. I will use this vendor in the future. Product Name: Agouti-Related Protein, Goat – (Cat# GT15023) http://bit.ly/1pExiQT Organization: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterJia - May 30, 2014 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Angela Kim, Joseph C. Madara, Chen Wu, Mark L. Andermann, and Bradford B. Lowell. (2021). Neural Basis for Regulation of Vasopressin Secretion by Anticipated Disturbances in Osmolality.bioRxiv. doi: 10.1101/2021.01.27.428388
- Maria Ibars, Matthew T. Maier, Ernie Yulyaningsih, Luz Perez, Rachel Cheang, Anna Vilhelmsson, Sharon M. Louie, Scott A. Wegner, Xiaoyi Yuan, Holger K. Eltzschig, Frederic W. Hopf, Daniel K. Nomura, Suneil K. Koliwad, and Allison W. Xu. (2020). Neuronal Modulation of Hepatic Lipid Accumulation Induced by Binge-Like Drinking. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism. doi: 10.1152/ajpendo.00218.2019
- Takatoshi Kasai, Hidetaka Suga, Mayu Sakakibara, Chikafumi Ozone, Ryusaku Matsumoto, Mayuko Kano, Kazuki Mitsumoto, Koichiro Ogawa, Yu Kodani, Hiroshi Nagasaki, Naoko Inoshita, Mariko Sugiyama, Takeshi Onoue, Taku Tsunekawa, Yoshihiro Ito, Hiroshi Takagi, Daisuke, Hagiwara, Shintaro Iwama, Motomitsu Goto, Ryoichi Banno, Jun Takahashi, HiroshiArima (2020). Hypothalamic Contribution to Pituitary Functions Is Recapitulated In Vitro Using 3D-Cultured Human iPS Cells. Cell Reports Volume 30, Issue 1, 7 January 2020, Pages 18-24.e5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2019.12.009
- Ou Fu, Yuu Iwai, Masataka Narukawa, Ayako W. Ishikawa, Kentaro K. Ishii, Ken Murata, Yumiko Yoshimura, Kazushige Touhara, Takumi Misaka, Yasuhiko Minokoshi & Ken-ichiro Nakajima (2019). Hypothalamic neuronal circuits regulating hunger-induced taste modification. Nature Communications volume 10, Article number: 4560 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-12478-x
- Kazuki Mitsumoto, Hidetaka Suga, Mayu Sakakibara, Mika Soen, Tomiko Yamada, Hajime Ozaki, Takashi Nagai, Mayuko Kano, Takatoshi Kasai, Chikafumi Ozone, Koichiro Ogawa, Mariko Sugiyama, Takeshi Onoue, Taku Tsunekawa, Hiroshi Takagi, Daisuke Hagiwara, Yoshihiro Ito, Shintaro Iwama, Motomitsu Goto, Ryoichi Banno, Hiroshi Arima. (2019). Improved methods for the differentiation of hypothalamic vasopressin neurons using mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scr.2019.101572
- Simone N. De Luca, Luba Sominsky, Alita Soch, Hao Wang, Ilvana Ziko, Michelle M. Rank, Sarah J. Spencer. (2018). Conditional microglial depletion in rats leads to reversible anorexia and weight loss by disrupting gustatory circuitry. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2018.12.008
- Amber L. Alhadeff, Zhenwei Su, Elen Hernandez, Michelle L. Klima, Sophie Z. Phillips, Ruby A. Holland, Caiying Guo, Adam W. Hantman, Bart C. De Jonghe, J. Nichol. Neural Circuit for the Suppression of Pain by a Competing Need State. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.02.057 |
- Koichiro Ogawa, Hidetaka Suga, Chikafumi Ozone, Mayu Sakakibara, Tomiko Yamada, Mayuko Kano, Kazuki Mitsumoto, Takatoshi Kasai, Yu Kodani, Hiroshi Nagasaki, Naoki Yamamoto, Daisuke Hagiwara, Motomitsu Goto, Ryoichi Banno, Yoshihisa Sugimura & Hiroshi Arima. (2018). Vasopressin-secreting neurons derived from human embryonic stem cells through specific induction of dorsal hypothalamic progenitors. Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 3615(2018) doi:10.1038/s41598-018-22053-x
- Eun Ran Kim, Pei San Lew, Alexandra Spirkina, Tooru M. Mizuno. (2016). Xenin-induced feeding suppression is not mediated through the activation of central extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in mice. Behavioural Brain Research, doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2016.06.026
- J. Nicholas Betley, Shengjin Xu, Zhen Fang Huang Cao, Rong Gong, Christopher J. Magnus, Yang Yu & Scott M. Sternson. (2015). Neurons for hunger and thirst transmit a negative-valence teaching signal. Nature, 521, 180–185. doi: 10.1038/nature14416
- Alastair S Garfield, Chia Li, Joseph C Madara, Bhavik P Shah, Emily Webber,Jennifer S Steger, John N Campbell, Oksana Gavrilova, Charlotte E Lee, David P Olson, Joel K Elmquist, Bakhos A Tannous, Michael J Krashes & Bradford B Lowell. (2015). A neural basis for melanocortin-4 receptor–regulated appetite. Nature Neuroscience, 18, 863–871. doi: 10.1038/nn.4011
- Cyprian Weavera, Nolan Turnerb, Jennifer Hal. (2012). Review of the Neuroanatomic Landscape Implicated in Glucose Sensing and Regulation of Nutrient Signaling: Immunophenotypic Localization of Diabetes Gene Tcf7l2 in the Developing Murine Brain. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy, doi: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2012.06.002
- Yongheng Cao, Masanori Nakata, Shiki Okamoto, Eisuke Takano, Toshihiko Yada, Yasuhiko Minokoshi, Yukio Hirata, Kazunori Nakajima, Kristy Iskandar, Yoshitake Hayashi, Wataru Ogawa, Gregory S. Barsh, Hiroshi Hosoda, Kenji Kangawa, Hiroshi Itoh, Tetsuo Noda, Masato Kasuga, Jun Nakae. (2011). PDK1-Foxo1 in Agouti-Related Peptide Neurons Regulates Energy Homeostasis by Modulating Food Intake and Energy Expenditure. PLoS ONE, 6(4): e18324. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0018324
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products