HBMECs were isolated from normal human brain tissue. Passage 2, cells are ship on dry ice in a vial (also available proliferating culture with a confluency of >90 %, HEC02-T25). ENDO-Growth Medium (MED001) is recommended for culture. Cells have an average additional population doubling levels >15 when cultured.
Characterization of the cells
HBMECs are negative for HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma.
Date of Expiration: Guaranteed for up to 3 months from date of shipping when stored in liquid nitrogen. We guarantee these cells when cultured according to our protocol and with our coating solution and media.
- Product ReviewsWe ordered hBMECs and their customer service was very good. they were able to instantly most information I requested when debating on buying, and then additional information ad documentation when purchasing the cells. They even offered to look into doing further testing we desired. Overall quite satisfied.Rosalyn Hatlen - Jun 13, 2019 - Rating: 4.0We have ordered Brain derived Endothelial Cells or BECs. We could not find these in different companies, particularly from multiple donors. Overall, we are happy with the products.Ravi Dyavar - Apr 20, 2019 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Pasquale Mone, Jessica Gambardella, Antonella Pansini, Antonio de Donato, Giuseppe Martinelli, Eugenio Boccalone, Alessandro Matarese, Salvatore Frullone, and Gaetano Santulli. (2021). Cognitive Impairment in Frail Hypertensive Elderly Patients: Role of Hyperglycemia. Cells, 10(8), 2115. doi: 10.3390/cells10082115
- Pasquale Mone, Jessica Gambardella, Xujun Wang, Stanislovas S. Jankauskas, Alessandro Matarese, and Gaetano Santulli. (2021). miR-24 Targets the Transmembrane Glycoprotein Neuropilin-1 in Human Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cells. Non-coding RNA, 7, 9. doi: 10.3390/ncrna7010009
- Yang Wu, Yan Li, Liangqing Zheng, Pengcheng Wang, Yan liu, Yongning Wu, ZhiYong Gonga (2019). The neurotoxicity of Nε-(carboxymethyl)lysine in food processing by a study based on animal and organotypic cell culture. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2019.110077
- Hyun-Jung Choi, Na-Eun Kim, Il Kwon, Dukhwan Choi, Jayoung Kim, Ji Hoe Heo. (2019). Fc-saxatilin inhibits VEGF-induced permeability by regulating claudin-5 expression in human brain microvascular endothelial cells. Microvascular Research. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mvr.2019.103953
- Larry W. Hunter, Muthuvel Jayachandran and Virginia M. Miller (2019). Sex differences in the expression of cell adhesion molecules on microvesicles derived from cultured human brain microvascular endothelial cells treated with inflammatory and thrombotic stimuli. Biology of Sex Differences 201910:26. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13293-019-0241-y
- Ece Bayir, M. Mert Celtikoglu, Aylin Sendemir. (2018). The use of bacterial cellulose as a basement membrane improves the plausibility of the static in vitro blood-brain barrier model. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.12.257
- Shavali Shaik, Bridget Kennis, Shinji Maegawa, Keri Schadler, Yang Yanwen, Keri Callegari, Rishi R. Lulla, Stewart Goldman, Javad Nazarian, Veena Rajaram, Jason Fangusaro, and Vidya Gopalakrishnan. (2018). REST upregulates gremlin to modulate diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma vasculature. Oncotarget. 2018 Jan 12; 9(4): 5233–5250. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.23750
- Hu et al. (2016). Epigenetic Activation of WNT5A Drives Glioblastoma Stem Cell Differentiation and Invasive Growth. Cell. 167, 1281–1295. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2016.10.039
Product Patent Application
- Kenneth M. Rosen, Matthew D. Abbinanti, Joerg Ruschel, Lisa Mckerracher, and Lisa Bond Moritz. (2020). Rho Kinase Inhibitor BA-1049 (R) and Active Metabolites Thereof. United States Patent Application 20200199105
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Human Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cells HEC02-T25 500,000+ Cells in T25 Flask Human Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cells Expressing GFP-AEQ in Mitochondria HEC02-GFP-AEQ 500,000 Cells Human Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cells Expressing VE-CAD-GFP HEC02-VE-CAD-GFP 500,000 Cells Human Retinal Microvascular Endothelial Cells HEC09 500,000+ Cells Frozen Human Retinal Microvascular Endothelial Cells HEC09-T25 500,000+ Cells in T25 Flask