HBMECs were isolated from normal human brain tissue. Passage 2, cells are ship on dry ice in a vial (also available proliferating culture with a confluency of >90 %, HEC02-T25). ENDO-Growth Medium (MED001) is recommended for culture. Cells have an average additional population doubling levels >15 when cultured.
Characterization of the cells
HBMECs are negative for HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma.
Date of Expiration: Guaranteed for up to 6 months from date of shipping when stored in liquid nitrogen. We guarantee these cells when cultured according to our protocol and with our coating solution and media.
|1X Phosphate Buffer Solution||PBS300||100 ml|
|AlphaBioCoat Solution||AC001||20 ml|
|Cell Detachment Solution||ADF001||50 ml|
|ENDO Basal Media||MED002||500 ml|
|ENDO-Growth Media||MED001||500 ml|
|ENDO-Growth Media Kit||EGK001||500 ml|
|ENDO-Growth Supplements||EGS001||25 ml|
|Endothelial Cryopreserve Media||FM300||10 ml|
|Smooth Coat Solution||SC300||20 ml|
- Product ReviewsWe have ordered Brain derived Endothelial Cells or BECs. We could not find these in different companies, particularly from multiple donors. Overall, we are happy with the products.Ravi Dyavar - Apr 20, 2019 - Rating: 5.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Larry W. Hunter, Muthuvel Jayachandran and Virginia M. Miller (2019). Sex differences in the expression of cell adhesion molecules on microvesicles derived from cultured human brain microvascular endothelial cells treated with inflammatory and thrombotic stimuli. Biology of Sex Differences 201910:26. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13293-019-0241-y
- Ece Bayir, M. Mert Celtikoglu, Aylin Sendemir. (2018). The use of bacterial cellulose as a basement membrane improves the plausibility of the static in vitro blood-brain barrier model. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.12.257
- Shavali Shaik, Bridget Kennis, Shinji Maegawa, Keri Schadler, Yang Yanwen, Keri Callegari, Rishi R. Lulla, Stewart Goldman, Javad Nazarian, Veena Rajaram, Jason Fangusaro, and Vidya Gopalakrishnan. (2018). REST upregulates gremlin to modulate diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma vasculature. Oncotarget. 2018 Jan 12; 9(4): 5233–5250. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.23750
- Hu et al. (2016). Epigenetic Activation of WNT5A Drives Glioblastoma Stem Cell Differentiation and Invasive Growth. Cell. 167, 1281–1295. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2016.10.039
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products