By Western blot mouse anti-ABCA1 (MO13101; clone HJ1) recognizes rat (left image), mouse (right image) and to a lesser extent human (left image) ABCA1.
David Holtzman and colleagues at Washington University in St. Louis have published several papers in the Journal of Biological Chemistry demonstrating the role of ABCA1 in ApoE regulation and that an increase in ABCA1 may cause a decrease in amyloid deposition. The data presented suggest in the papers below suggests a central role for ABCA1 in Alzheimer's biology, leading the authors to speculate ABCA1 as a potential drug target.
Wahrle SE, Jiang H, Parsadanian M, Legleiter J, Han X, Fryer JD, Kowalewski T, and Holtzman DM (2004). ABCA1 is Required for Normal Central Nervous System ApoE Levels and for Lipidation of Astrocyte-secreted apoE. J Biol. Chem. 279(39):40987.
Wahrle SE, Jiang H, Parsadanian M, Hartman RE, Bales KR, Paul SM and Holtzman DM (2005). Deletion of Abca1 Increases Abeta Deposition in the PDAPP Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer Disease. J. Biol. Chem. 280(52):43236.
Please note this antibody also works for WB in Rabbit Hippocampal Tissue.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Jared Schommer, Gurdeep Marwarha, Trevor Schommer, Travis Flick, Jonah Lund and Othman Ghribi. (2018). 27-Hydroxycholesterol increases α-synuclein protein levels through proteasomal inhibition in human dopaminergic neurons. BMC Neuroscience. Published: 3 April 2018. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12868-018-0420-5
- Jianjia Fan, Rui Qi Zhao, Cameron Parro, Wenchen Zhao, Hsien-Ya Chou, Jerome Robert, Tarek Z. Deeb, Carina Raynoschek, Samantha Barichievy, Ola Engvist, Marcello Maresca, Ryan Hicks, Johan Meuller, Stephen J. Moss, Nicholas J. Brandon, Michael W. Wood, Iva Kulic, Cheryl L. Wellington. (2018). Small molecule inducers of ABCA1 and apoE that act through indirect activation of the LXR pathway. Journal of Lipid Research. doi: 10.1194/jlr.M081851
- Michele Cavalera, Ulrika Axling, Catarina Rippe, Karl Swärd, and Cecilia Holm. (2017). Dietary rose hip exerts anti-atherosclerotic effects and increases nitric oxide-mediated dilation in ApoE-null mice. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2017.02.017
- Prasanthi JRP, Huls A, Thomasson S, Thompson A, Schommer E, Ghribi O. (2009). Differential effects of 24-hydroxycholesterol and 27-hydroxycholesterol on beta-amyloid precursor protein levels and processing in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Molecular Neurodegeneration, 4:1. doi: 10.1186/1750-1326-4-1
- Celine Fernandez, Marie Lindholm, Morten Krogh, Stéphanie Lucas, Sara Larsson, Peter Osmark, Karin Berger, Jan Boren, Barbara A Fielding, Keith N. Frayn and Cecilia Holm. (2008). Disturbed cholesterol homeostasis in hormone-sensitive lipase null mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, doi: 10.1152/ajpendo.90206.2008
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products