Pancreatic cancer remains one of the most deadly and least survivable cancers; it is asymptomatic until quite advanced and is resistant to conventional therapies. It has recently become apparent that cancer tumor cells are closely associated with other cells called cancer-associated fibroblasts or CAFs. These cells promote the malignant process and block immune surveillance. CAFs are thus new drug targets for pancreatic and other cancer therapies. Our products were used in recent research regarding pancreatic stellate cells, a CAF that is gaining considerable interest for new treatment options through advanced understanding of cancer biology.
These cells should be cultured with Pancreatic Stellate CAF Maintaining Media
Product is manufactured, tested and validated in an ISO 9001/ISO13485/CLIA certified facility.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Georgia Papaparaskeva, Maria Louca, Chrysovalantis Voutouri, Eugenia Tanasa, Triantafyllos Stylianopoulos, and Theodora Krasia-Christoforou. (2020). Amalgamated Fiber/Hydrogel Composites Based on Semi-Interpenetrating Polymer Networks and Electrospun Nanocomposite Fibrous Mats. European Polymer Journal, 140:110041. doi: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2020.110041
- Aleksandra Adamska, Alice Domenichini, Emily Capone, Verena Damiani, Begum Gokcen Akkaya, Kenneth J. Linton, Pierluigi Di Sebastiano, Xi Chen, Adam B. Keeton, Veronica Ramirez-Alcantara, Yulia Maxuitenko, Gary A. Piazza, Vicenzo De Laurenzi, Gianluca Sala, and Marco Falasca. (2019). Pharmacological Inhibition of ABCC3 Slows Tumour Progression in Animal Models of Pancreatic Cancer. Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, 38:312. doi: 10.1186/s13046-019-1308-7
- Andreas Stylianou, Vasiliki Gkretsi, Maria Louca, Lefteris C. Zacharia, and Triantafyllos Stylianopoulos (2019). Collagen content and extracellular matrix cause cytoskeletal remodelling in pancreatic fibroblasts. J. R. Soc. Interface 16: 20190226. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2019.0226
- Stylianou, Andreas & Gkretsi, Vasiliki & Stylianopoulos, Triantafyllos. (2018). Transforming growth factor-β modulates pancreatic cancer associated fibroblasts cell shape, stiffness and invasion. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1862. 10.1016/j.bbagen.2018.02.009.
- Zenobia D'Costa, Keaton Jones, Abul Azad, Ruud van Stiphout, Su Y Lim, Ana L Gomes, Paul Kinchesh, Sean C Smart, W. Gillies McKenna, Francesca M Buffa, Owen J. Sansom, Ruth J. Muschel, Eric O'Neill and Emmanouil Fokas. (2017). Gemcitabine-induced TIMP1 attenuates therapy response and promotes tumor growth and liver metastasis in pancreatic cancer. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-16-2833
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products
Name Catalog # Size Glioblastoma CAFs CAF03 1,000,000 Cells Human Breast CAFs CAF06 1,000,000 cells Human Colorectal Tumor CAFs CAF05 1,000,000 cells Human Endometrial Adenocarcinoma CAFs CAF01 1,000,000 cells Human Lung Adenocarcinoma CAFs CAF07A 1,000,000 cells Human Lung Squamous Cell Tumor CAFs CAF07SC 1,000,000 cells Human Melanoma CAFs CAF09 1,000,000 cells Human Ovarian Serous Tumor CAFs CAF02 1,000,000 cells