Olig1 and Olig2 are basic-helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors expressed in the motor neuron progenitor (pMN) domain of the spinal cord that generates motor neurons and oligodendrocytes. Olig1 is involved in the development andmaturation of oligodendrocytes. Olig2 is required for oligodendrocyte and motor neuron specification in the spinal cord.
Olig1 and 2 are also a markers for the most common primary tumors of the human brain are thought to be of glial cell origin. Therefore, there is diagnostic potential of Olig markers to augment identification of oligodendroglial tumors.
- Product ReviewsShipping was a bit delayed-- Neuromics made up for it by shipping extra vials for free Product Name: Olig2, Rabbit – (Cat# RA25081) http://bit.ly/2knYydt Organization: MPI ResearchErica - Jan 24, 2017 - Rating: 4.0
Leave a review for this product and you could be eligible for a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Product Publications
- Katarina Tiklova, Sara Nolbrant, Alessandro Fiorenzano, Asa K. Bjorklund, Yogita Sharma, Andreas Heuer, Linda Gillberg, Deirdre B. Hoban, Tiago Cardoso, Andrew F. Adler, Marcella Birtele, Hilda Lunden-Miguel, Nikolaos Volakakis, Agnete Kirkeby, Thomas Perlmann, and Malin Parmar. (2020). Single Cell Transcriptomics Identifies Stem Cell-Derived Graft Composition in a Model of Parkinson’s Disease. Nature Communications, 11:2434. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-16225-5
- Abdellatif Benraiss,Su Wang,Stephanie Herrlinger, Xiaojie Li, Devin Chandler-Militello, Joseph Mauceri, Hayley B. Burm, Michael Toner, Mikhail Osipovitch,Qiwu Jim Xu, Fengfei Ding, Fushun Wang,Ning Kang,Jian Kang, Paul C. Curtin, Daniela Brunner, Martha S. Windrem, Ignacio Munoz-Sanjuan, Maiken Nedergaard & Steven A. Goldman. (2016). Human glia can both induce and rescue aspects of disease phenotype in Huntington disease. Nature Communications 7, Article number: 11758. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11758
- Martha S. Windrem, Steven J. Schanz, Carolyn Morrow, Jared Munir, Devin Chandler-Militello, Su Wang, and Steven A. Goldman. (2014). A Competitive Advantage by Neonatally Engrafted Human Glial Progenitors Yields Mice Whose Brains Are Chimeric for Human Glia. The Journal of Neuroscience, 34(48): 16153-16161; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1510-14.2014
Product Patent Application
- Steven A. Goldman and Maiken Nedergaard. (2020). Methods of Treating Neuropsychiatric Disorders. United States Patent Application 20200197445
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products