Nestin is expressed in neural crest cells, CNS neural stems cells, as well as a few non-neural cell types in the embryo, including cells within the pancreatic islets of Langerhans and the limb bud. Nestin is an intermediate filament-associated protein, and contributes to the cytoskeleton.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
- Ramila Joshi, Pradip Shahi Thakuri, James C. Buchanan, Jun Li, Hossein Tavana. (2017). Microprinted Stem Cell Niches Reveal Compounding Effect of Colony Size on Stromal Cells-Mediated Neural Differentiation. Advanced Healthcare Materials. doi: 10.1002/adhm.2017008
- Fraser I. Young, Marc Keruzore, Xinsheng Nan, Nicole Gennet, Eric J. Bellefroid, and Meng Li. (2017). The doublesex-related Dmrta2 safeguards neural progenitor maintenance involving transcriptional regulation of Hes1. PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1705186114
- Hayk Harutyunyan, Svetlana Sharoyan, Alvard Antonyan, Sona Mardanyan. (2017). Herb Preparations Improve the Viability of Hippocampal Cells Suppressed by Amyloid Beta (1-42) Peptide. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ISSN (Online): 2321-3086
- R Joshi, JC Buchanan, H Tavana. (2017). Self-Regulatory Factors of Embryonic Stem Cells in Co-Culture with Stromal Cells Enhance Neural Differentiation. Integrative Biology. doi: 10.1039/C7IB00038C
- Ramila Joshi, James Carlton Buchanan, Sailaja Paruchuri, Nathan Morris, Hossein Tavana. (2016). Molecular Analysis of Stromal Cells-Induced Neural Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. PLOS One, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0166316
- Suzana Cvijetic, Valeria Bortolotto, Marcello Manfredi, Elia Ranzato, Emilio Marengo, Rita Salem, Pier Luigi Canonico, Mariagrazia Grilli. (2016). Cell autonomous and noncell-autonomous role of NF-κB p50 in astrocyte-mediated fate specification of adult neural progenitor cells. Glia, doi: 10.1002/glia.23085
- Shinya Hirota, Thomas P. Clements, Leung K. Tang, John E. Morales, Hye Shin Lee, S. Paul Ohµ, Gonzalo M. Rivera, Daniel S. Wagner, and Joseph H. McCarty. (2015). Neuropilin-1 Balances Beta8 Integrin-Activated TGFBeta Signaling to Control Sprouting Angiogenesis in the Brain. Development, doi: 10.1242/dev.113746
- Gleave JA, Lerch JP, Henkelman RM, Nieman BJ. (2013). A Method for 3D Immunostaining and Optical Imaging of the Mouse Brain Demonstrated in Neural Progenitor Cells. PLoS ONE, 8(8): e72039. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0072039
- Maria Maddalena Valente, Valeria Bortolotto, Bruna Cuccurazzu, Federica Ubezio, Vasco Meneghini, Maria Teresa Francese, Pier Luigi Canonico, Mariagrazia Grilli. (2012). Alpha2delta ligands act as positive modulators of adult hippocampal neurogenesis andprevent depressive-like behavior induced by chronic restraint stress. Molecular Pharmacology, doi: 10.1124/mol.112.077636
- J H Tchaicha, A K Mobley, M G Hossain, K D Aldape and J H McCarty. (2010). A mosaic mouse model of astrocytoma identifies αvβ8 integrin as a negative regulator of tumor angiogenesis. Oncogene, doi: 10.1038/onc.2010.199
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products