leu-enkephalin (tyr-gly-gly-phe-leu) is a pentapeptide which compete with and mimic the effects of opiate drugs. It is involved in modulation of nociceptive pain.
Image: Immunofluorescent detection of Leu-Enkephalin in rat spinal cord dorsal horn (red color).
1. Elde R, Hokfelt T, Johansson O, Terenius L. (1976) Neuroscince, 1:349-351.
2. Stengaard-Pedersen K, Larsson LI. (1981) Histochemistry, 73(1):89-114.
3. Palkovits M. (1984) Progress in Neurobiology, 23:151-189.
4. Kalivas PW. (1985 ) Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 9(4):573-587.
5. Wang BL, Larsson LI. (1985) Histochemistry, 83(1):47-56.
6. Moore MR, Black PM. (1991) Neurosurgical Review, 14(2):97-110.
- Product Reviews
- Product Publications
If you've used this product in a publication, let us know. Email email@example.com, with the publication details and you could be eligible for an Amazon gift card.
- Related Products